• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[Rapoport] Giants Turned Down Offer To Match Panthers Deal For Matt Rhule

bobsfoodbasics

If true, they likely didn’t want to get in a bidding war. But it is kinda a turn off to be like, “Hey, this place is about to swoop me up, what you gonna offer?” Maybe they couldn’t compete with Tepper, maybe they didn’t want the sloppy seconds. Only time will tell who made the right hire, if there was a right hire made....

I think it’s all just Giants looking to save face. Their owners interview after the season and the pressure they all have up there was obvious. Also the narrative they and the media built around Rhule dreaming of being the Giants coach after his one year of being the O line coach tried to make them sound inevitable. I wouldn’t trust much coming out of NY.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That scares me a little.

Sounds like Tepper is putting a huge amount of money into an unproven commodity.

Sure hope it works.

Tepper will officially be the next Dan Synder if this flops. This feels a lot like the Steve Spurrier hiring.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not worried about Tepper's wallet.

I'm worried about whether this will be a good investment.

It comes out of his wallet, not the salary cap.  Tepper made billions on the stock market.  The only way you do that is by dumping losers.  If this doesn't' work out, he eats 40 million of his worth and hires another coach.  He isn't going to keep him on for 7 years if it isn't working because he is afraid to cut bait.  His current job does precisely that, cut bait when it isn't working and move on. 

Archived