• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding the Giants “passing” on Rhule

Cary Kollins

ESPN was reporting (paraphrasing) that the Panthers swooped in when NY decided to go another direction....Not sure how they phrased it, but that is what I thought (heard it first on ESPN).  Then they had a ton of footage and commentary on Judge.

They were saving face to that NY market.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

ESPN was reporting (paraphrasing) that the Panthers swooped in when NY decided to go another direction....Not sure how they phrased it, but that is what I thought (heard it first on ESPN).  Then they had a ton of footage and commentary on Judge.

It’s so funny watching them squirm! That is the definition of spin.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You got that right. Cause on, NY Sports Talk radio, they were all dumbfounded; mystified, and incredulous at the Panthers Matt Rhule signing.

The NY market had already felt they had "the best coaching job available", and never even considered Carolina as a worthy competitor.

Just now, FootballMaestro said:

You got that right. Cause on, NY Sports Talk radio, they were all dumbfounded; mystified, and incredulous at the Panthers Matt Rhule signing.

The NY market had already felt they had "the best coaching job available", and never even considered Carolina as a worthy competitor.

what I don't get---why rush to sign a guy nobody even knew was in the picture?  Damage control.

Just now, MHS831 said:

what I don't get---why rush to sign a guy nobody even knew was in the picture?  Damage control.

It has to be, they were suppose to interview McDaniels too. You know McDaniels must feel like being left at the alter, to marry the old obese fugly woman called the browns!

Archived