• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reading Baylor opinions about Rhule

Gesualdo

I'm a declared #Rhuler, and nothing here is meant to either promote or disparage the man...I just got curious, went on one of their messageboards, and took a look at the chatter.

The "cons" according to them...not my opinions, just ones I saw expressed:

* He's (supposedly) a "politician" and a "used-car salesman"
* He lacked long-term commitment to the program, and they felt "cuckolded" by his yearly flirtations with the NFL
* Gap between words and deeds
* Low level of civic involvement in the community
* Mediocre-at-best recruiter, didn't know how to recruit in Texas

The "pros" according to them:

* Put simply, every single one of them, including people who have admittedly been hating on him since Day 1, admit that he's a great football coach. Side note: They also think Phil Snow is the bees' knees.

Now, of course, plenty of these people are just salty as hell that the national media broke up their little rape cult, and have never forgiven Rhule for replacing Briles. They also have a hard time comprehending that no one, meaning no one ever, dreams of living in Waco, Texas.

I'd like to quote two pro-Rhule Baylor fans:

Rhule could coach football, but people were beginning to notice the distance between words and deeds.

It's funny that none of the people closest to him (players, coaches, co-workers) seemed to notice.

The only people calling Rhule a liar or a fraud are butthurt message board fans. And frankly, they don't matter at all.

I would argue that the low-self esteem fans are those crying on a message board that their coach left them, as though a) Baylor's the first school this has ever happened to and b) can't be recovered from.

Matt Rhule did a great job for the three years he was here and left Baylor in much better shape than he found it. It's time to find someone who can build on what he started. Trying to turn his departure into something more than it was -- and using his desire to coach in the NFL as a referendum on his integrity and character -- is stupid.

There are one or two people who aren't big enough to admit Rhule was a good coach, if you look around enough. But they dont say he was a bad one - they just say they didn't "see his value" and ascribe his successes to Phil Snow.

On Snow, they're unanimous - he's a "badass" and "a bad man". 

College coaching is a TON of politicking and used care salesmanship. Gotta manage those boosters and recruit those kids.

Also, according to Texans, no one who isn't from Texas with the ability to directly trace their lineage back to someone confirmed to have died heroically at the Alamo has any chance of ever understanding anything Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Gesualdo said:

There are one or two people who aren't big enough to admit Rhule was a good coach, if you look around enough. But they dont say he was a bad one - they just say they didn't "see his value" and ascribe his successes to Phil Snow.

On Snow, they're unanimous - he's a "badass" and "a bad man". 

The kind of guy you want with you in a bar fight?  

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

College coaching is a TON of politicking and used care salesmanship. Gotta manage those boosters and recruit those kids.

Also, according to Texans, no one who isn't from Texas with the ability to directly trace their lineage back to someone confirmed to have died heroically at the Alamo has any chance of ever understanding anything Texas. 

I am from Texas.  This is true.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it's underrated how weird and specific they are about this.

I remember reading an Aggies forum a while back - I can't even remember why, because I'm not a fan and would rather be dead - and there was this hilarious "webboard scandal" with some guy who'd been making false claims for years. Like, he presented himself as an expert on basically everything, talked very convincingly (lots of specifics) on his supposed subjects of expertise - like gunsmithing and car teardowns - posted (fake) pictures of his machine shop, and in general just told a bunch of lies to seem important and rich and connected. He got busted, badly and all at once, and it was entertaining as f*ck. Anyway, fully half of his lies were about his vaunted Texas ancestors, where their graves were, the Old Three Hunded, and so on. There were elaborate fake genealogies and everything.

They're weird people.

23 minutes ago, Gesualdo said:

I'm a declared #Rhuler, and nothing here is meant to either promote or disparage the man...I just got curious, went on one of their messageboards, and took a look at the chatter.

* He lacked long-term commitment to the program, and they felt "cuckolded" by his yearly flirtations with the NFL

* Put simply, every single one of them, including people who have admittedly been hating on him since Day 1, admit that he's a great football coach. Side note: They also think Phil Snow is the bees' knees.

Now, of course, plenty of these people are just salty as hell that the national media broke up their little rape cult, and have never forgiven Rhule for replacing Briles. They also have a hard time comprehending that no one, meaning no one ever, dreams of living in Waco, Texas.

Bro are you trying to piss off Mr Scott

34 minutes ago, Gesualdo said:

Nice idea.

Link to the board?

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

The recruiting criticisms are funny. Not that we have to worry about that much, but it was Baylor. Kind of hard to recruit against the big boys. 

Yeah, I'm much more interested in a college coach getting a team to outperform it's talent level than I am a college coach succeeding with a roster featuring four and five star backups. I just think the former translates to the NFL much more so than the latter.

Archived