• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting 3 rd mock

raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

Watch New England get him at 23 and it works...

I can see Love succeeding in New England. If Brady leaves, I can see Belichick trading for Cam or trading up in the draft for Tua-Herbert. 

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Just an FYI, 1/3 of the League's starting QBs last season were 2nd round picks and lower.  Just debunking the notion 1st round QBs are sure-fire franchise guys and non-first round QBs are garbage.

How many of them can actually carry a team?? 

If we want another Jake Delhome we have 2 on the roster already. 

26 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Jordan Love is being underrated on here. I can’t wait till the senior bowl.

Love was extremely average against inferior competition.  I do hope he goes early as possible to anyone but us.  He is not an NFL QB.

Just like i said last year any draft where we ignore holes and take a QB In the first 3 rounds is a complete failure . We literally threw away 3 draft picks last year by trading up and also taking QB everybody knew we didn’t need . But what do we know . The front office knows all 

5 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

A lot of teams fail cause they rush to take a Qb instead of just taking the BPA and then get your Qb . What’s the point of having a great QB with a shitty roster . 

I'm way more afraid of drafting another avg. Game manager and still having holes on the roster... Which seem to happen when you take a developmental QB outside of the 1st round..

37 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Just an FYI, 1/3 of the League's starting QBs last season were 2nd round picks and lower.  Just debunking the notion 1st round QBs are sure-fire franchise guys and non-first round QBs are garbage.

That’s not a great ratio...6/7 of the draft only provided 1/3 of the QBs...

1 hour ago, Catsmiaow said:

If you draft another OT high, you are saying your selections of the previous year won't ever be good enough. If you admit that why should you keep your job? Its not about what we want as fans it's about MH justifying his job. If Tepper believes him to be a good evaluator, would he be ok with him continually picking OT simply because fans are impatient?

You would have a point if this were a new suggestion.  We've needed oline help since Gross left and it still hasn't been addressed properly.  2 (3 if you count Hurney 2xs) GMs have ignored the problem and tried to band aid the group.  Meanwhile look at ll those 1st round picks spent on Defense.  Its quite skewed.

30 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

How many of them can actually carry a team?? 

If we want another Jake Delhome we have 2 on the roster already. 

Kyle may eventually be as good as Delhomme, but not now.  Grier strikes me as a career backup at best and may even be out of the League in a few years.

So I don't agree with your comparison.

Archived