• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC's Potential New Contract - Discussion

Ship

I can absolutely see what everyone is saying about the RB position and contracts.  I generally would agree with you.

CMC is different.  He is a legit difference maker.  Not just a difference maker, he's a touchdown scorer.  He makes any QB you have better because he can be an outlet, and he's extremely difficult to cover out of the backfield.  He's an automatic first down.

Now he does need linemen to block, he needs a QB to get him the ball, and it really helps when opposing defenses have to worry about hitting the usually open Curtis Samuel.  It also helps when our defense can actually stop the other guys.

CMC is an integral part of the offense who makes so many things work.  I think he's that important.  Could we find his replacement in the next two drafts?  Probably not.  I know the general wisdom is that you don't pay RBs that, but I think that CMC is much more than simply a RB.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

19 million dollars for one year for a former MVP is unfathomable

Can you show me an example of where anybody has said this here? Pretty sure nobody has an issue with that contract except Cam (feeling he’s underpaid, with some justification). The questions with Cam’s status here have nothing to do with that contract.

Only way I’m on board with this is if we front load the poo out of this contract. He’s gonna get a 100+ million contract. That’s qb money. So if we do it this offseason than I’m gonna guess they’ve made their mind up about Cam for the long term.

if we do give him this contract don’t expect to win consistently in the next couple of years unless Rhule and coaching staff are some kind of coaching savants and can get young late round drafted players to play above and beyond expectations.

It’s the same line of thinking about high paid qbs. They have to have the ability to make those around them better and for longer periods of time. Because the cap can only be spread around so much to fill out the team. Cmc was no doubt a beast last year, but that netted us 5 wins in a historic rb season. That’s not good.

No matter how badly certain fans want it to happen you cannot make a running back the face of your franchise and expect to win much. He was our go to in 2019 and we went 1-5 in our division and won 5 total games.

Yeah let's throw him 100 million dollars now.

Archived