• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wasnt the last untappd beer festival a disaster?

cookinwithgas

14 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You know, I too have heard that water is an important ingredient of beer. Maybe I should start a brewery with all my insider knowledge.

You could also grow your own hops with that knowledge

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

You could also grow your own hops with that knowledge

Good number of farmers in eastern NC now growing hops instead of tobacco- more stable commodity and not prone to trade war price fluctuations. And the small breweries don't have the money to be sourcing hops all over the place. 

41 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

From what I remember, the lines were epic, the cups were small, they ran out of cups and beer.

The cups were a vendor issue. The vendor sent the wrong cups. But it sounds like they were getting stuff done at the last second and didn't have time to react.

I think they had plenty of beer. When the VIP event started vendors had not tapped the kegs for some unknown reason. When the rain came anyone outside were told to stop serving. But after the rain I think everyone imbibed...

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

My fraternity brother runs this blog. Seems like something is opening a couple of times a month.

https://www.facebook.com/BeerCharlotte/

i'm 7 weeks into no alcohol.    i'm just gonna stick with the mj and mj products.   with each passing year my desire to regulate alcohol intake goes down.  i use to not be this way.   so fug it.    i did have a large part in bringing craft beer and the craft beer movement to asheville in '94 by opening barley's.    in some ways i think 'what have i done' but it provides a lot of tourism $

28 minutes ago, raz said:

i'm 7 weeks into no alcohol.    i'm just gonna stick with the mj and mj products.   with each passing year my desire to regulate alcohol intake goes down.  i use to not be this way.   so fug it.    i did have a large part in bringing craft beer and the craft beer movement to asheville in '94 by opening barley's.    in some ways i think 'what have i done' but it provides a lot of tourism $

Yeah all those old people waiting to die in Florida drive up every year to get poo faced and look at leaves.

Seriously how fuging bored do you have to be to drive 2 states away to look at LEAVES?

At least you helped give them something to drink once they get here.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

What does Tepper have to do with it? Is he in charge of venue rentals, too?

Duh, it's his stadium. Of course he's not the one interacting directly with the untappd people, but he's made it very clear he wants the stadium to be multi-purpose, and bring in big events. Hard to believe he would give untappd another shot at this, after their Fyre-esque performance last year, if he wasn't supportive of the event. 

10 hours ago, Harbingers said:

There is good craft beer. But there are just toooooo many. 

The market is flooded with choices and that isn't a bad thing. The beer scene is extremely diverse and there is pretty much something for everyone. The mediocre breweries will get clipped, which isn't a bad thing.

The choices can be overwhelming but once you learn the breweries you kind of know who to generally trust.

Archived