• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

We went to a local IGA store last Tuesday night. Most of the meat was gone, all of the bread and toilet paper, and lots of the other consumables were noticeably hit.

My wife went to our local Walmart yesterday morning and was there when it opened at 7 am. She said it looked like Black Friday with people literally lining up at the doors. When the doors opened, people took off running to the toilet paper aisle. She was getting a pack for her mom (we're good on it) and they had employees on the aisle telling people they could only purchase one pack. She saw several people going through self checkout with more than one pack. She was otherwise mainly there to get our typical weekly/biweekly/once a month groceries, but she said it was straight up crazy how many people were there and how they were acting.

Yesterday evening, we stopped by a local Food Lion on a whim while we were already out to see if they had a couple things that Wally world didn't have. We got most of what we were missing, but holy poo had they also been hit hard. Most of the frozen food aisles were barren. A lot of the shelves on the other aisles were slim pickings as well.

People have lost their goddamn minds over this.

Y'all stay safe out there.

How long before we see bands of raiders start hitting neighborhoods? lol

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Bronn said:

We went to a local IGA store last Tuesday night. Most of the meat was gone, all of the bread and toilet paper, and lots of the other consumables were noticeably hit.

My wife went to our local Walmart yesterday morning and was there when it opened at 7 am. She said it looked like Black Friday with people literally lining up at the doors. When the doors opened, people took off running to the toilet paper aisle. She was getting a pack for her mom (we're good on it) and they had employees on the aisle telling people they could only purchase one pack. She saw several people going through self checkout with more than one pack. She was otherwise mainly there to get our typical weekly/biweekly/once a month groceries, but she said it was straight up crazy how many people were there and how they were acting.

Yesterday evening, we stopped by a local Food Lion on a whim while we were already out to see if they had a couple things that Wally world didn't have. We got most of what we were missing, but holy poo had they also been hit hard. Most of the frozen food aisles were barren. A lot of the shelves on the other aisles were slim pickings as well.

quote-once-killing-starts-it-is-difficul

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

I don't live in Charlotte but my wife and I went to Big Lots this morning at 11am, they had TP. . Then we went to a restaurant food supplier and they were stocked to the limit except for rice and dried beans. We were able to load up on bulk meats, veggies, and we also ended up getting some of the commercial sized spices that we use a lot (pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, etc). We're going to be BBQ'n, portioning and freezing. Spent about $200 but we're good to go now for 4-6 weeks at least. There were about 10 people in there so staying safe distance was easy to do. You could also try local hardware stores. My sister said she went to one and they were full of TP, paper towels, etc

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

2 hours ago, Bronn said:

I can’t wait for some band of raiders to coming knock or banging on my door. I have Mr. Glock 19, Mr Glock 21, Mr S&W Governor, and Mr. Desert Eagle .50 AE waiting on them. :)

Edited by philit99

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I can’t wait for some band of raiders to coming knock or banging on my door. I have Mr. Glock 19, Mr Glock 21, Mr S&W Governor, and Mr. Desert Eagle .50 AE waiting on them. :)

They will shoot you and take them from you, Rambo. Gun nuts have a very delusional and unrealistic view of society. 

• Poo 1

The city and county of Denver (CO) just announced a stay at home order through April 10th. I wouldn't be surprised if the state follows suit soon but right now Polis is staying the "blame Trump" course. I think everyone but the most diehard of Trumpers fully understands the federal government has horribly dropped the ball on this, but that's no excuse for a state to drop the ball and pass the blame. Polis is failing.

22 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

They will shoot you and take them from you, Rambo. Gun nuts have a very delusional and unrealistic view of society. 

I’m afraid they don’t know my perch, and it will be too late when they realize where it’s coming from. BTW I’m not a gun nut, but I made damn sure I had a response to any threat handy. They may get me, but most of them will be sorry, really really sorry. That .50 alone will remove limbs.

Just now, jb2288 said:

God this was a dumb statement

Not sure exactly what he thought he was accomplishing there. "Don't have guns or the people coming with guns will shoot you!"

Were they just going to sing kumbaya with you and leave you with a few rolls of toilet paper if you were unarmed? LOL!

• Beer 1