• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So are we. With our limited testing, there's a helluva lot more cases out there than the reported number.

But everyone knows that about us. China deliberately concealed a lot of information related to this outbreak and has never acknowledged that fact.  So fug them. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My wife got direct confirmation this morning from their controller that all of the layoffs they're announcing today and tomorrow are with the specific intention of beating the April 1st deadline outlined below.

Beginning April 1, H.R. 6201 will require employers with fewer than 500 employees, with some exceptions, to provide 12 weeks of protected leave to eligible employees who are unable to work, including telework, because their child’s school or place of care has been closed or their child care provider is unavailable due to a public health emergency. The new requirement, which amends the Family and Medical Leave Act, will expire Dec. 31. The 500-employee threshold under the emergency FMLA is a significant change from the current FMLA threshold of 50 or more employees.

It's straight up fuging evil. Pay attention to the companies that have been laying people off in droves this week. Don't give them your business in the future. They don't deserve it.

If I understand it correctly, the gov't would loan businesses money to keep employs on for 10 weeks, and then convert the loan into a grant. Why lay anybody off?

14 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

If I understand it correctly, the gov't would loan businesses money to keep employs on for 10 weeks, and then convert the loan into a grant. Why lay anybody off?

They're specifically trying to avoid FMLA claims due to schools and a lot of childcare providers being closed. They'll probably target employees with kids which would probably turn into a discrimination lawsuit.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Just did some reading. Apparently, with the stimulus package, I could make $300 more a week if I got laid off. Gonna push the limits at work tomorrow.

Then you can join a class action lawsuit and sue your company for firing you 

22 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/03/forecast-of-british-coronavirus-deaths-revised-um-downward.php

For those who relied on the Imperial College

doomsday report.  It seems the author has revised his predictions significantly.

No, just the "uneducated" like myself from a failed school system could ever question deaths of 1.7 million.

I know there's a substantial number of people rooting for the world to end, but there is no way Ferguson can now claim only 20,000 will die because of the measure that have been adopted in the UK.  They have only had the measures in place for like two days.  It's nothing more than a total walk back.  His original report suggested the only way to contain the virus to such a low death level would be to undergo 18 months of pure suppression (i.e. lockdown).