• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I do not disagree with another stimulus check. However, the Government cannot sustain for months, bleeding out money for that long. The Government is not designed to support the whole country. I also think that throwing money into a problem, is just kicking the can down the road, and not really solving it. 

They need to help all Americans affected. Not fair they have a upper wage limit when those people have lost theIr jobs too.  

Edited by Squirrel
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

They need to help all Americans affected. Not fair they have a upper wage limit when those people have lost theIr jobs too.  

I don't think they should send money to the upper wage earners who haven't lost their jobs.  Although sorting it all out would be difficult. 

I got money during the last stimulus, but I didn't really need it.  Both my wife and I are still working, and in truth, we aren't spending much money.  So I wasn't sure why I got it.  But I spent it by having an out of work friend install a new floor in our kitchen, so I suppose that is the point of sending us the money, ie to keep the economy moving.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't think they should send money to the upper wage earners who haven't lost their jobs.  Although sorting it all out would be difficult. 

I got money during the last stimulus, but I didn't really need it.  Both my wife and I are still working, and in truth, we aren't spending much money.  So I wasn't sure why I got it.  But I spent it by having an out of work friend install a new floor in our kitchen, so I suppose that is the point of sending us the money, ie to keep the economy moving.  

Yeah that was what I meant. Some are unemployed and really need the money.  

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am working also. However, the Stimulus I got is gone. I got my house pressure washed ( Helped a friend start a new business). I got a new Washer and Dryer ( old ones crapped out on me) and I will be hopefully buying a lawnmower this weekend from a guy who lost his job 2 weeks ago, and fixes them up on the side. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yes, the purpose of the money is to keep the economy going.  I agree with the cap, because after you get above a certain earnings level you are more likely to do something that doesn't involve putting it right back into the economy. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I am working also. However, the Stimulus I got is gone. I got my house pressure washed ( Helped a friend start a new business). I got a new Washer and Dryer ( old ones crapped out on me) and I will be hopefully buying a lawnmower this weekend from a guy who lost his job 2 weeks ago, and fixes them up on the side. 

This is how stimulus is supposed to work. I think a lot of it just went straight into a bank account though. I know mine did.

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is how stimulus is supposed to work. I think a lot of it just went straight into a bank account though. I know mine did.

That is the wise thing to do if you are living paycheck to paycheck, which the majority of us are.   It will come in handy if you have to wait for an unemployment check.  

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is true. It was honestly just perfect timing. Washer quit early March, Dryer quit early April. Friend started Business 2 weeks ago, in fear of his main job letting him go. My mower crapped out on me last week. Also got maintenance on cars (Tires, Oil Change, etc). I got house work done, things fixed. I wanted to bank it, keep it for a rainy day. If we get another, I am paying off some loans. I do try to spend it on the economy though. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That is the wise thing to do if you are living paycheck to paycheck, which the majority of us are.   It will come in handy if you have to wait for an unemployment check.  

Yeah, I was already furloughed and we still expect my wife to be furloughed any day now. The house went under contract today though, so hopefully we'll be sitting on a pile of cash soon. I'd rather be sitting on a pile of cash right now than have a home with a considerable mortgage left on it. I'm still not convinced the housing market isn't going to take a big hit.

This will allow us to bounce back to NC temporarily and let me focus all my attention on my business. Then we'll look to bounce back out west next summer. The wife green lit Montana and that's what got me motivated to sell the house here in Colorado.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I was already furloughed and we still expect my wife to be furloughed any day now. The house went under contract today though, so hopefully we'll be sitting on a pile of cash soon. I'd rather be sitting on a pile of cash right now than have a home with a considerable mortgage left on it. I'm still not convinced the housing market isn't going to take a big hit.

This will allow us to bounce back to NC temporarily and let me focus all my attention on my business. Then we'll look to bounce back out west next summer. The wife green lit Montana and that's what got me motivated to sell the house here in Colorado.

I'm considering selling my home later this year but fear it will be too late and will be stuck with this mortgage and no job.   I have debated whether it would be money saved to just sell out and rent an apartment until my son gets out of college this fall.  I'm saving a lot by him commuting to class from home.  His younger brother may just have to delay college for a year and work construction.  It will be a good motivator to get his ass thinking about his future.

But yeah, I want to head west after I retire, if I get to.  I want to own a ranch in Montana and marry a round American woman and raise rabbits.  

• Pie 3

I've loved Colorado, but the Front Range is just way too damn crowded now. All of the things I moved out here for 13 years ago are just a lot less enjoyable now due to the crowds. I-70 to and from the mountains is a total disaster. When we first moved out here, Charlotte traffic was way worse than Denver traffic. That comparison reversed probably 7-8 years ago. The streams are packed shoulder to shoulder with fishermen. The mountain biking and hiking trails are packed. The Jeep trails are almost as packed as I-70.  The breweries are packed. I haven't completely ruled out a return to CO, but if it happens it'll be to the western slope. If it's a reasonable day trip from the Front Range, I don't want any part of it.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've loved Colorado, but the Front Range is just way too damn crowded now. All of the things I moved out here for 13 years ago are just a lot less enjoyable now due to the crowds. I-70 to and from the mountains is a total disaster. When we first moved out here, Charlotte traffic was way worse than Denver traffic. That comparison reversed probably 7-8 years ago. The streams are packed shoulder to shoulder with fishermen. The mountain biking and hiking trails are packed. The Jeep trails are almost as packed as I-70.  The breweries are packed. I haven't completely ruled out a return to CO, but if it happens it'll be to the western slope. If it's a reasonable day trip from the Front Range, I don't want any part of it.

Sounds eerily similar to Asheville, NC.  I moved here 20 years ago and it was much different then.  It's gotten too crowded for me.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1