• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

What I find amazing is we have been told for months to wear a mask, social distance, businesses forced to close, churches forced to go online but it’s ok to allow tens of thousands of people to run rampant thru city streets and politicians who keep telling us to help stop the spread are walking hand in hand with others and not a mask in sight.

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

What I find amazing is we have been told for months to wear a mask, social distance, businesses forced to close, churches forced to go online but it’s ok to allow tens of thousands of people to run rampant thru city streets and politicians who keep telling us to help stop the spread are walking hand in hand with others and not a mask in sight.

They're terrified of being called racist. I support their cause, but gathering in the thousands right now is a really, REALLY bad idea. It's not racist to remind people that a virus doesn't give a damn about your race, religion, socio-economic status, or political views. As long as people are gathering together in crowds, it'll spread like wildfire. Period.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

It's obvious, not amazing.  Only in America can your elected officials politicize a pandemic.  Pandemics are serious stuff and to intentionally manipulate the masses one way or the other for political scoring points is sickening.  Both sides are guilty, some more so than others.  I'll just leave it at that.

19 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

NC breaks record again. 1.3k new cases over the last 24 hours.

Do you have any idea of the testing increase amount (a raw number or percentage)?  I'm very curious to figure out the amount of tests being administered now relative to the number of prior positive cases.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Do you have any idea of the testing increase amount (a raw number or percentage)?  I'm very curious to figure out the amount of tests being administered now relative to the number of prior positive cases.

Holding steady at 8-9% for the past 2-3 weeks. Hospitalizations have been slowly trending upward since May 10th. 442 on the 10th, 717 currently. Hospitals beds are 80% occupied, ICU beds at 84%. There isn't hospital capacity to account for these spikes we're seeing and the spikes ahead.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Holding steady at 8-9% for the past 2-3 weeks. Hospitalizations have been slowly trending upward since May 10th. 442 on the 10th, 717 currently. Hospitals beds are 80% occupied, ICU beds at 84%. There isn't hospital capacity to account for these spikes we're seeing and the spikes ahead.

These are numbers for NC or Colorado where you live?

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

These are numbers for NC or Colorado where you live?

NC. I'll be back in NC by next weekend. Sell of the house officially closes next week. We'll likely boomerang back out west around this time next year. I just want to cash in our chips now and sit on cash.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services on Friday reported the highest daily increase in cases, with 1,289 new cases. The previous highest one-day increase was 1,189 set just the day before.

However, the state reported one of the highest daily totals of tests with 13,845 in the past 24 hours. That’s well over the state’s goal of 5,000 to 7,000 per day. The overall percent positive is around 9%.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They may have to back down the number of elective surgeries if the numbers keeps getting higher to create more room.

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services on Friday reported the highest daily increase in cases, with 1,289 new cases. The previous highest one-day increase was 1,189 set just the day before.

However, the state reported one of the highest daily totals of tests with 13,845 in the past 24 hours. That’s well over the state’s goal of 5,000 to 7,000 per day. The overall percent positive is around 9%.

The state should be able to handle the case lode IF the overall positive amount doesn't get much higher than 10%.  I would venture to say anything over 13% would be trouble at the same testing rate.