• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That got me thinking on strains of viruses; I wonder how the scientific community is going to back and break down the seasonal flu deaths against the coronavirus deaths in retrospect?  I doubt it is even attempted to any real degree, I would be willing to bet they all will be COVID-19 deaths.  It's not like the seasonal flu just disappeared in February *poof* once Covid-19 became the main focus.  Yes, the seasonal flu causes tens of thousands of deaths every year in America.  Anyway, just a thought.

The symptoms are different. The causes of death are different. There is testing to see which strain of virus you have. Doctor's and medical examiners aren't just randomly declaring causes of death based on the news.

Again, you know nothing of epidemiology, and the fact that you can't comprehend medical science doesn't mean you've stumbled onto a massive conspiracy.

Anyway, just a thought.

Edited by Captroop

It's interesting watching the cool and tough "I ain't wearin' no mask cuz mah freedoms" crowd switch up tactics on the fly and basically proclaiming themselves to be too physically and mentally weak to possibly endure the tortures wearing a simple face covering. It's not exactly water boarding, y'all.

15 minutes ago, Captroop said:

The symptoms are different. The causes of death are different. There is testing to see which strain of virus you have. Doctor's and medical examiners aren't just randomly declaring causes of death based on the news.

Again, you know nothing of epidemiology, and the fact that you can't comprehend medical science doesn't mean you've stumbled onto a massive conspiracy.

Anyway, just a thought.

And you think early in the pandemic when people were dying at home the coroners cared to make that distinction?  Sure, if admitted to a hospital they would have made the distinction.  Not everyone went to the hospital.

Anyway, nice try.

Edited by 45catfan

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're "young and athletic" you were just being dramatic. You're like that guy who was "struggling to breathe" while running suicides but magically recovered when it was time to run scrimmage. 

It was the masks.  I'm fine now with a different mask.  You feel better now?  Not sure what your issue is today.  Some masks suck for some people.  Don't get angry about it.

Edited by Wes21

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's interesting watching the cool and tough "I ain't wearin' no mask cuz mah freedoms" crowd switch up tactics on the fly and basically proclaiming themselves to be too physically and mentally weak to possibly endure the tortures wearing a simple face covering. It's not exactly water boarding, y'all.

Novak Djokivich and his wife tested positive for the virus along with a few others during Novak’s “no social distancing” tennis tournament. There is nothing funny about people suffering and dying but this virus sure as hell seems to have a sense of humor and is self aware of the people brushing it aside as a “flu”.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Novak Djokivich and his wife tested positive for the virus along with a few others during Novak’s “no social distancing” tennis tournament. There is nothing funny about people suffering and dying but this virus sure as hell seems to have a sense of humor and is self aware of the people brushing it aside as a “flu”.

How sick do you think Novak is going to get?

6 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

How sick do you think Novak is going to get?

You asked what my deal was earlier... well, pretty much this. People being selfish fuging assholes because they feel like the odds are heavily in their favor if they contract this virus while showing a complete and utter disregard for all of the elderly, immunocompromised, etc. out there who run a much higher risk of developing severe illness from this virus. I didn't see much of this at all in CO. In the week I've spent in NC, it seems to be the prevalent attitude despite people by and large being a lot fatter and likely a far higher percentage of people with significant risk factors like diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, etc.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You asked what my deal was earlier... well, pretty much this. People being selfish fuging assholes because they feel like the odds are heavily in their favor if they contract this virus while showing a complete and utter disregard for all of the elderly, immunocompromised, etc. out there who run a much higher risk of developing severe illness from this virus. I didn't see much of this at all in CO. In the week I've spent in NC, it seems to be the prevalent attitude despite people by and large being a lot fatter and likely a far higher percentage of people with significant risk factors like diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, etc.

America and the American government (at least some part of it) have decided the pandemic is over. It’s boring.  Please continue with your regularly scheduled lives. 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It upsets you that I wear a mask?  Weird flex but okay.

3 minutes ago, toldozer said:

He has no symptoms so my guess is not very

He used to be my favorite tennis player. Turns out he is just a super rich doucher who lives in lala land and society’s rules and expectations don’t apply to him. He is also an antivaxxer. He can go chew on a turd