• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, Icege said:

https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/what-you-should-know/current-situation-in-hawaii/

I mean, it's public info. Not sure why you're acting like it's being kept from you.

Your turn! Mind telling me why NZ has a lower infection rate and less deaths than Cuba, Philippines, Haiti which are even further away (with the exception of the Philippines)? Those are small island nations as well. :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

You just linked me to the data, not the explanation of why Trump has done such a good job in Hawaii.

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, Icege said:

Is this where you imply that it is because NZ is an island nation while ignoring other island nations with higher COVID rates and also ignoring the fact that the US is across the entire Pacific Ocean rather than downstream like NZ is?

Let me guess... we need to do like Sweden? :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Nah, do it like Belgium. Never heard a sound about them so I guess they are doing fine. 

41 minutes ago, kass said:

Nah, do it like Belgium. Never heard a sound about them so I guess they are doing fine. 

do you guys eat sweedish meatballs?  do you just call them meatballs?   if you do can you share a recipe?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

You just linked me to the data, not the explanation of why Trump has done such a good job in Hawaii.

Perhaps you mean why is Hawaii doing better than other states in spite of Trump?

Listen, we get it, New Zealand had an advantage by being a smaller island nation and with that advantage, they mounted a remarkable response. The US required a monumental effort with the strongest and most effective leadership to get a fraction of those results and they failed spectacularly on many levels due to inept leaders and Americans working against their self interests. You elect your leaders to rise to the occasion for whatever challenges get thrown your way. New Zealand did and the US didn't. 

Let's put it in terms you might understand. New Zealand is like a white person born with privilege that grew up to become a wildly successful businessman. It didn't mean they didn't have to work for it or have lots of smarts and drive. But if you find their response not commendable then you probably should also invalidate the accomplishments of anyone born white, into wealth, or with any other distinction that gave them some leg up over others. 

Edited by Peon Awesome
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, raz said:

do you guys eat sweedish meatballs?  do you just call them meatballs?   if you do can you share a recipe?

lol

Yes, can be served with a variety of side dishes and sauces. Köttbullar = meatballs.

These are typical Ingredients but people have their own mix/amount. This is for 4 people i think.

Meatballs:

• 2 tbs of breadcrumbs
  • 250 ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • 0.5 finely chopped yellow onion
  • 25 g butter
  • 500 g ground mince (half pork and beef)
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • about 1.5 teaspoons of salt
  • Butter to fry in

Sauce:

• 1 cup double cream or milk
  • 1,5 teaspoon dark soy
  • 25 g butter
  • 1 tbs flour (or something similar) to thicken the sauce with 
  • add water if it gets to think, taste it to get it right
  • salt and pepper

Serve with:

• potatoes or mashed potatoes
  • lingonberry jam or raw stirred lingonberries
  • thin slices of cucumber or pickles

I prefer the lingonberry on the side like in the video, its gets mixed into the sauce during the meal anyway.

Lingonberries and cucumber/pickles are not "extra" to add, it should be part of the meal. Parsley in the video, thats "extra".

Video how to make the dish - its not complicated

____

Can also add to the Corona thread, the public transit in Sweden is getting more crowded. =/

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at their current case counts versus ours though. Our athletes have a much higher chance of exposure and infection simply because there's a lot more virus in circulation here than there.

I found this today on Twitter. 

The UK government’s published numbers of new cases at local authority level only include pillar 1 and *not* pillar 2 cases, meaning as many as 90% of new cases are missing from the data

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728?s=20

Was it Spain that hide their number of deaths? If a person died but it was not reported the same day,
they just stopped reporting it to the European statistics. So all delayed deaths, dont show up.
Which probalby are the vast majority.

(How can I embed a twitter post?)

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Arizona just reported a new record high for them of 4878 new cases over the last 25 hours. Even more alarming, 28.3% of their tests came back positive. Damn near a third of the tests they're performing are positive.

That's cause everyone is huddled together inside to escape the 320 K temps.

47 minutes ago, kass said:

lol

Yes, can be served with a variety of side dishes and sauces. Köttbullar = meatballs.

These are typical Ingredients but people have their own mix/amount. This is for 4 people i think.

thank you bro!!!

18 minutes ago, kass said:

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728?s=20

Was it Spain that hide their number of deaths? If a person died but it was not reported the same day,
they just stopped reporting it to the European statistics. So all delayed deaths, don't show up.
Which probalby are the vast majority.

(How can I embed a twitter post?)

That's what is weird about this thing.  Countries that are doing the most testing and being the most open about their situation look like crap compared to countries who aren't testing as much and/or playing with their numbers.

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, kass said:

lol

Meatballs:

• 2 tbs of breadcrumbs
  • 250 ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • 0.5 finely chopped yellow onion
  • 25 g butter
  • 500 g ground mince (half pork and beef)
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • about 1.5 teaspoons of salt
  • Butter to fry in

Sauce:

• 1 cup double cream or milk
  • 1,5 teaspoon dark soy
  • 25 g butter
  • 1 tbs flour (or something similar) to thicken the sauce with 
  • add water if it gets to think, taste it to get it right
  • salt and pepper

Serve with:

• potatoes or mashed potatoes
  • lingonberry jam or raw stirred lingonberries
  • thin slices of cucumber or pickles

I prefer the lingonberry on the side like in the video, its gets mixed into the sauce during the meal anyway.

Lingonberries and cucumber/pickles are not "extra" to add, it should be part of the meal. Parsley in the video, thats "extra".

Video how to make the dish - its not complicated

____

Can also add to the Corona thread, the public transit in Sweden is getting more crowded. =/

Also, for recipe translation sake, I have to assume that "like 4 people" probably translates to roughly half of a typical American portion.