• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

15 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I guess. It seems to me people had a different idea of what Quarantine, Social Distancing, flatten the curve and wearing mask meant. That is the whole issue with the hysteria and fray actors and the media. Different interpretations or what Ideas mean. I said at the beginning, if we are going to shut down the country, then it needs to be strict, tight, and NOTHING open for 2 months, ( would reduce it drastically and almost eliminate it)  That means strict LE enforcement, only things open would be medical, food deliveries, papers saying you have permission etc. Instead.. it was lets try this.. oh wait.. lets try this.. oh wait.. lets try this. Now.. people are freaking out over the numbers because they have been delayed or not what they expected. 

100% this. Doesn't seem to complicated.

1 minute ago, stirs said:

Masks are brought up as a push button response to everything.

I get it. I hate wearing mask. I hate wearing anything on my head or face. I seldom wear hats. I do not wear my CPAP. I do not wear my mask in my house, my car, outside, etc. I do wear them inside stores. I have occasionally not worn one in a store, depends on how many people are in it. However, I wear a mask everyday at work. I see all kinds wear a mask, or not wear a mask, or wear one incorrectly. I just get tired of the misinformation or the contradictions. If you want us to Social Distance, Wear a Mask, etc.. then why do you not open up and quit with the phases. Why were certain things open, and certain things not open? Who was making these decisions? It is not OK for a park to be open, but it is OK to have gatherings or other similar things inside? At this point either let everyone infect each other, and get the poo over with... or shut down completely. Have huge trucks wash the streets, buildings, parks, stores, etc... 

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/young-americans-are-partying-hard-and-spreading-the-virus-fast

How do you guys explain why the age level and what is in hospitals have gone down?  Please don't answer "wear a mask".

Are we to believe that only old folks were getting the virus in the early stages?  How were they so more "out there" than younger folks?

I understand the current, but not the previous.

6 minutes ago, stirs said:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/young-americans-are-partying-hard-and-spreading-the-virus-fast

How do you guys explain why the age level and what is in hospitals have gone down?  Please don't answer "wear a mask".

Are we to believe that only old folks were getting the virus in the early stages?  How were they so more "out there" than younger folks?

I understand the current, but not the previous.

increased testing is catching more people who aren't direly ill

young people have been fuging stupid

older folks were getting prioritized for obvious reasons

also as younger people who are more visible report symptoms and confirmed tests, the most vulnerable (nursing homes) are still being hidden

36 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I get it. I hate wearing mask. I hate wearing anything on my head or face. I seldom wear hats. I do not wear my CPAP. I do not wear my mask in my house, my car, outside, etc. I do wear them inside stores. I have occasionally not worn one in a store, depends on how many people are in it. However, I wear a mask everyday at work. I see all kinds wear a mask, or not wear a mask, or wear one incorrectly. I just get tired of the misinformation or the contradictions. If you want us to Social Distance, Wear a Mask, etc.. then why do you not open up and quit with the phases. Why were certain things open, and certain things not open? Who was making these decisions? It is not OK for a park to be open, but it is OK to have gatherings or other similar things inside? At this point either let everyone infect each other, and get the poo over with... or shut down completely. Have huge trucks wash the streets, buildings, parks, stores, etc... 

The park thing doesn't necessarily make sense to me either although I'd be willing to hear the rationale for it and could be swayed if it's convincing enough. But as far as why not open everything, I don't agree with that necessarily. The big ticket items that are closed in NC are gyms and bars. I get that. In a bar, people are talking loudly over music, can't realistically stay masked with having to drink their drinks and the whole environment is built around close social interaction. Now I can see certain bars that have spacious outdoor seating being able to get by, but that's how many bars, 1%? Doesn't move the needle much. If they wanted to allow bars that could do outdoor seating only and maintain 6 feet with patrons, that makes sense. But you'd still have 99% of bar owners pissed they can't meet those kinds of requirements.

As far as gyms, there is frequent touching of surfaces by dozens of different people. Regular handwashing is inconvenient and impractical. Are you going to wash hands in between every set, then walk back and find someone else using your equipment? People don't like wearing masks walking in the grocery store. How many want to wear one while running on the treadmill? The videos of people fighting gym staff over mask requirements is going to overwhelm social media more than anything we're seeing now. 

Now are both of those things feasible if we have things under better control? Perhaps. That's why in North Carolina they would be open in phase 3. When cases aren't exploding and half of the people aren't presumed to be actively infected, maybe you have a fighting chance with social distancing measures and frequent sanitation efforts limiting the potential explosion of cases. It's still risky and you could argue against it even until we have an effective vaccine but at least you can have the conversation about it. Until things are under control though, you're just adding another variable to allow things to spiral much worse like we're seeing in Texas and Florida 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

my next rotation in neuro is set to start on monday in asheville

i find out monday if its going to actually start

the most goddamn asheville thing ever

either way im getting druuuuuunk

Packs Tavern is one of my favorite bars in Asheville 

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Packs Tavern is one of my favorite bars in Asheville 

Are bars in Asheville the same as in NYC?  You know, where the music is loud and people stand 1 foot apart and yell at each other and laugh really loud to gain attention of some girl?