• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

13 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

The thing about Taco Bell is not news either. What is reporting how bad the executive is failing has to do news wise, or how is this information going to help or inform the public? It won't. ?How is reporting death and despair going to change anything? It won't. People are tired of hearing about it, people have given up caring and have other important poo to worry about. The news talks about it, when the relevancy of the Virus is fading. The News is news, it is not opinion, is it not to bash a political figure, it is not to run all day news on how bad someone is failing, or how bad someone is. It needs to be the news. Report the data, report what you see.. and that's it. I do no know why you want to nitpick the conditions of McAllen, TX.. and not mention the other gregarious errors from other states, country and around the world. I am on the opinion that the Virus DOES NOT need the scrutiny it is getting. All it does is instill fear, panic, and chaos. This Virus does not need to be looked at under a microscope... by so called NEWS organizations. The News needs to report news, let the people decide how serious the VIRUS is.. not the media. 

it is not possible to report on covid19 without mentioning the government response and how completely inadequate it is

the traditional role of the fourth estate is not just to inform but the educate. the average person (you included) does not have the necessary education to assimilate the data and understand it because virology and epidemiology is not something 99% of people know anything about. it is perfectly acceptable that CNN has sanjay gupta on to synthesize the information. 

it's almost like you're advocating that someone turns on CNN, finds like a blank screen showing average viral loads per exposure or whatever, then cracking open some medical school text books to figure out what that means. you're completely out of your mind. 

the executive has to be acting here as we see because states can't/won't handle this, and individuals (despite what you're telling yoursel) cannot protect themselves and their families just through their rugged individualism. This is of course proven by the home being the number one site of transmission. 

the lack of action by the executive is news. and it deserves constant coverage. instead of hating the news because they're reinforcing how poorly the trump administration is doing (and allowing it to reflect on you personally) maybe open yourself up to change and think about how you can improve moving forward. 

the mcallen situation is a specific example of how the news is NOT overblowing this. That's worse than anything that has made it onto the television. that's not hard to understand. 

2 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

A vaccine will be available before Nov 2nd but a million americans will die? Like thats not even taking into account all the treatment options that have been developed. And the number of intubations has dropped significantly because they found oxygenating patients way more effective.

there will not be a vaccine by november 2nd. 

treatments haven't been developed; protocols have. they are much better than they were in march/april to be sure, they realized a lot of stuff they were doing were making things worse, but they haven't significantly effected the mortality rates. 

and they're doing less intubations early on, but patients are still needing them. "intubating less early" is not the same as "never intubating." and the fact that they're needing oxygen tanks for the cpap/vents is a disaster for a lot of reasons.

11 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I am on the opinion that the Virus DOES NOT need the scrutiny it is getting. All it does is instill fear, panic, and chaos. This Virus does not need to be looked at under a microscope... by so called NEWS organizations. The News needs to report news, let the people decide how serious the VIRUS is.. not the media. 

gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Yes, let the people decide how serious the virus is.

v3imagesbinbcbe7254cb275d2967f2b6ed1c91e

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

it is not possible to report on covid19 without mentioning the government response and how completely inadequate it is

the traditional role of the fourth estate is not just to inform but the educate. the average person (you included) does not have the necessary education to assimilate the data and understand it because virology and epidemiology is not something 99% of people know anything about. it is perfectly acceptable that CNN has sanjay gupta on to synthesize the information. 

it's almost like you're advocating that someone turns on CNN, finds like a blank screen showing average viral loads per exposure or whatever, then cracking open some medical school text books to figure out what that means. you're completely out of your mind. 

the executive has to be acting here as we see because states can't/won't handle this, and individuals (despite what you're telling yoursel) cannot protect themselves and their families just through their rugged individualism. This is of course proven by the home being the number one site of transmission. 

the lack of action by the executive is news. and it deserves constant coverage. instead of hating the news because they're reinforcing how poorly the trump administration is doing (and allowing it to reflect on you personally) maybe open yourself up to change and think about how you can improve moving forward. 

the mcallen situation is a specific example of how the news is NOT overblowing this. That's worse than anything that has made it onto the television. that's not hard to understand. 

I have no problems them reporting how bad the Trump administration is doing, what I have a problem with is them not mentioning any other factors. I have a problem with them not reporting that is based on density, economic, hospitals per capita and age. They fail to report that the the States and Local Government that chose what to do and not to do. The Federal Government has no control, nor should they, it is a State/Local issue first. If the States can't or will not do anything or protect themselves, that is on the states, not the Government. The news should not be like.. well If I was in charge, or this expert says.. no, nothing you or I could have done, it is a natural process, it is a Virus that needs to run its course. We can encourage people to social distance, wear a mask, etc.. but that is just it.. Encourage.. not Blame, Incite Fear, No Shame people.... that is not up to the News to decide.  The news should not be reinforcing anything, just reporting the news, that is the issue. They can show graphs, data and other things, and instead of doom and gloom, they can say encouraging things like or think positively and no negatively. When the news changed from giving you information and reporting, to telling you and shamming you.. it is not NEWS. 

9 minutes ago, kass said:

gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Yes, let the people decide how serious the virus is.

v3imagesbinbcbe7254cb275d2967f2b6ed1c91e

This is exactly my point. You are forgetting to show the other side. You think it is just MAGA-Warriors that are making bad decisions of not wearing a mask or social distancing? This shows me you listen to biased news. 

31 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Lol!  I sent you the link straight to the Federal Election Commission's website which was drilled down to the CDC's contributions.  That is fake news?  You are laughable.

I don’t click links from untrustworthy sources (you). It’s probably some pizzagate conspiracy. You will not infect my computer. 

17 hours ago, klumme said:

Well were I am from (Denmark) we pretty much did that, though without the masks. Now everything is open again, sport is open and with fans in the stands etc etc. 

Your death rate is 4.5% in Denmark and the US is 3.7%, FYI.  Also, the population of Denmark is the size of just one of our states, Colorado (5.8 million).  So yes, controlling the situation is your country would be much more manageable than a country of 330 million.  Unlike Europe, the COVID-19 response in America is handled at the local levels with recommendations from the Federal government.  So when you see the news about this being all Trump's fault, please understand that is was honestly handled at the state and local levels.  Like now how Governor Cuomo of New York and NYC's mayor De Blasio are now heroes in the media because of the improving COVID-19 statistics, they still have the highest death rate in all of America.  At the time, both of these guys were blaming the Federal government for the catastrophe in their state, but now, they take all the credit since things are improving.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Devil Doc said:

This is exactly my point. You are forgetting to show the other side. You think it is just MAGA-Warriors that are making bad decisions of not wearing a mask or social distancing? This shows me you listen to biased news. 

MAGAts are the main culprit that’s for sure 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Devil Doc said:

I have no problems them reporting how bad the Trump administration is doing, what I have a problem with is them not mentioning any other factors. I have a problem with them not reporting that is based on density, economic, hospitals per capita and age. They fail to report that the the States and Local Government that chose what to do and not to do. The Federal Government has no control, nor should they, it is a State/Local issue first. If the States can't or will not do anything or protect themselves, that is on the states, not the Government. The news should not be like.. well If I was in charge, or this expert says.. no, nothing you or I could have done, it is a natural process, it is a Virus that needs to run its course. We can encourage people to social distance, wear a mask, etc.. but that is just it.. Encourage.. not Blame, Incite Fear, No Shame people.... that is not up to the News to decide.  The news should not be reinforcing anything, just reporting the news, that is the issue. They can show graphs, data and other things, and instead of doom and gloom, they can say encouraging things like or think positively and no negatively. When the news changed from giving you information and reporting, to telling you and shamming you.. it is not NEWS. 

what other factors would you like them to mention?

Density and economic factors are mentioned all the time. This is why it happened primarily first in large cities like LA and NYC, and primarily effected lower income people. This is why when they were forced back to work the people in lower socioeconomic brackets were disproportionately effected. This has been a drum they've banged the entire time. 

What are you watching that you're not seeing them criticize state and local government? Like I don't give a poo about ohio for example but I can tell you exactly what Mike Dewine was doing and how badly he changed course and how poor the effects have been. 

How can you honestly look at what's going on and decide "well this is a states rights issue?" If the states can't close their borders it is by definition a federal issue. It doesn't matter what cooper does in NC when every asshole from charlotte drives down to charleston to go to applebees and get a covid cocktail. you are completely delusional. 

and encouraging people to wear masks and social distance isn't working. and the government at the federal level are clearly not doing anything. if you feel bad being shamed for not wearing a mask, or if some karen has her fee fees hurt, tough poo. this is a pandemic. your idiocy directly effects me and my family. I don't give a hot gay fug if you feel persecuted for acting like a dumbass. you are one. 

the job of the news isn't to make you feel good. if you turn on the tv and feel like an asshole for what you're not doing, you probably are one. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Honestly, it blew my mind when in the very same week packed Ozark pool parties were widely condemned as reckless behavior while packed protests were celebrated by the very same people. WTF? The virus doesn't care about your sociopolitical views or your motivation for gathering in large numbers.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Wrong Again.. you have no proof of this. 

I definitely agree with the stance that pandemic deniers are absolutely the biggest culprit in our current situation. Goal post movers who choose whether or not certain behaviors are acceptable based on sociopolitical factors are a (very) distant second.