• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

States creating factions based on region and economic proficiency.  Disagreements over states rights. I know there are some out there just itching to whip out the stars and bars.

If the states rights people want expose themselves to COVID-19 and take one for team USA, I say go for it!

-- Someone sheltering in place

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, stirs said:

I gave up on the country when Pubs starting spending just as much or more than Dems.  24 trillion in the hole now.  Past the point of no return.

Vote buying is not my thing

Was also not a fan of Mr Strategery

Please tell me. When was the last time "Pubs" spend LESS than Democrats. Let me ask you a more specific question. When was the last time "Pubs" grew the economy and reduced deficit spending? 

25 minutes ago, Bytes said:

Please tell me. When was the last time "Pubs" spend LESS than Democrats. Let me ask you a more specific question. When was the last time "Pubs" grew the economy and reduced deficit spending? 

Gingrich/Clinton was about the last time it came close.

After that, it all became about vote buying, either through massive tax cuts that we could not afford without making cuts, or new giveaways that we could not afford without making cuts.  So pols just say, "vote for me" and I will give you xyz.  Pretty bold huh?  Of course I thought the whole thing would crumble by now.  My economics classes lied to me, did not think we could run 0% interest and 24 trillion in debt, but hey, maybe I should just get in line and hope they start giving away new pick up trucks.  I know I could use one, and Michigan could use the work.....any pols out there?  Its a win/win.  What's another trillion among friends?

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This whole situation is exposing a lot of hypocricy. We have "states rights" people cheering the POTUS proclaiming his absolute power and you have "yay strong federal government" cheering states for thumbing their noses at the federal government.

Its a pecker measuring contest.

The governors will do what is best for their states, period.  None of them want anything but what is best for their state.  If they shut their states down economically for too long, they are gone, if they open them up too early, they are gone.  Trump does not want that responsibility.  Easy for him to second guess them when it is over

45 minutes ago, stirs said:

Gingrich/Clinton was about the last time it came close.

After that, it all became about vote buying, either through massive tax cuts that we could not afford without making cuts, or new giveaways that we could not afford without making cuts.  So pols just say, "vote for me" and I will give you xyz.  Pretty bold huh?  Of course I thought the whole thing would crumble by now.  My economics classes lied to me, did not think we could run 0% interest and 24 trillion in debt, but hey, maybe I should just get in line and hope they start giving away new pick up trucks.  I know I could use one, and Michigan could use the work.....any pols out there?  Its a win/win.  What's another trillion among friends?

Ummm....I hate to tell you but Obama reduced deficits spending by 2/3rds snd grew the economy. ..And Gingrich wasnt in the Clinton administration....its weird that you added that....Republicans talk about defecits , defense but they are frauds. But for some weird reason people want to talk/act like Republicans are so tough on these issues...SMH

25 minutes ago, stirs said:

Its a pecker measuring contest.

The governors will do what is best for their states, period.  None of them want anything but what is best for their state.  If they shut their states down economically for too long, they are gone, if they open them up too early, they are gone.  Trump does not want that responsibility.  Easy for him to second guess them when it is over

Its like Cuomo said...we cant wait for the federal government. I would love to work with Trump but we cant.

It's interesting to me how Cuomo has become the shining star of this pandemic in America while his state has one of if not the worst outbreak on the globe. 

Governor Polis here in CO sounds like he's going to be using the data over the next five days to make a call on whether or not to extend the stay at home order or lift it when it expires on April 26th. I just hope that when they get lifted people actually adhere to the social distancing guidelines.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's interesting to me how Cuomo has become the shining star of this pandemic in America while his state has one of if not the worst outbreak on the globe. 

Governor Polis here in CO sounds like he's going to be using the data over the next five days to make a call on whether or not to extend the stay at home order or lift it when it expires on April 26th. I just hope that when they get lifted people actually adhere to the social distancing guidelines.

Yeah it is interesting. Its how he handled it after the fact of the outbreak that people find compelling I guess... getting the PPEs, using Data, negotiating for ventilators, enforcing social distancing, testing...and not talking about himself specifically.

3 minutes ago, Bytes said:

Yeah it is interesting. Its how he handled it after the fact of the outbreak that people find compelling I guess... getting the PPEs, using Data, negotiating for ventilators, enforcing social distancing, testing...and not talking about himself specifically.

The western U.S. did a much better job handling their outbreaks.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The western U.S. did a much better job handling their outbreaks.

They are doing an excellent job and I've grown alot of respect for the governor of California thru this.  

51 minutes ago, Bytes said:

He is the governor of a state with a mass media market thats getting hit with a sledgehammer vs other states and they get to pit him vs the President of the United States.  I wouldn't attempt to put much more meaningful thought into it than that.  

1 hour ago, Bytes said:

Ummm....I hate to tell you but Obama reduced deficits spending by 2/3rds snd grew the economy. ..And Gingrich wasnt in the Clinton administration....its weird that you added that....Republicans talk about defecits , defense but they are frauds. But for some weird reason people want to talk/act like Republicans are so tough on these issues...SMH

Ummm.....Most people understand that the House spends the money, thus the Gingrich comment.

We seem to do better with Dem presidents when they have Pub controlled house and purse