• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Markets down 3000 pts today

g saks predict 50% of all Americans get this thing...300m in US...50% 150m infected

Peak-virus is expected over the next eight weeks, declining thereafter.

The virus appears to be concentrated in a band between 30-50 degrees north latitude, meaning that like the common cold and flu, it prefers cold weather. The coming summer in the northern hemisphere should help. This is to say that the virus is likely seasonal.

Of those impacted 80% will be early-stage, 15% mid-stage and 5% critical-stage. Early-stage symptoms are like the common cold and mid-stage symptoms are like the flu; these are stay at home for two weeks and rest. 5% will be critical and highly weighted towards the elderly.

Mortality rate on average of up to 2%, heavily weight towards the elderly and immunocompromised; meaning up to 3m people (150m*.02). In the US about 3m/yr die mostly due to old age and disease, those two being highly correlated (as a percent very few from accidents). There will be significant overlap, so this does not mean 3m new deaths from the virus, it means elderly people dying sooner due to respiratory issues. This may however stress the healthcare system.

they also predicted s& p bottoms out at 2450 in next 90 days...today it finished at 2386

they also predict a 31% market INCREASE in Q4 to get us back to close to even by YE

I don’t know how much of this believe or not

Honestly, I think pretty much everyone is just pissing in the wind with these predictions. No one knows and that's the scary thing and that's why the stock market is falling off the cliff.

25 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Markets down 3000 pts today

g saks predict 50% of all Americans get this thing...300m in US...50% 150m infected

Peak-virus is expected over the next eight weeks, declining thereafter.

The virus appears to be concentrated in a band between 30-50 degrees north latitude, meaning that like the common cold and flu, it prefers cold weather. The coming summer in the northern hemisphere should help. This is to say that the virus is likely seasonal.

Of those impacted 80% will be early-stage, 15% mid-stage and 5% critical-stage. Early-stage symptoms are like the common cold and mid-stage symptoms are like the flu; these are stay at home for two weeks and rest. 5% will be critical and highly weighted towards the elderly.

Mortality rate on average of up to 2%, heavily weight towards the elderly and immunocompromised; meaning up to 3m people (150m*.02). In the US about 3m/yr die mostly due to old age and disease, those two being highly correlated (as a percent very few from accidents). There will be significant overlap, so this does not mean 3m new deaths from the virus, it means elderly people dying sooner due to respiratory issues. This may however stress the healthcare system.

they also predicted s& p bottoms out at 2450 in next 90 days...today it finished at 2386

they also predict a 31% market INCREASE in Q4 to get us back to close to even by YE...s & p up to 3200

I don’t know how much of this believe or not

Please link where you got this info 

Stuck at home teleworking not getting poo done. I know some people love it but I am the type who likes going into the office at 0600 everyday and get poo done. I work for the federal government and we are not allowed whatsoever to go into work. Yea this is just me bitching there are bigger and more important things going on and I understand why. I can’t imagine 60 days of this.

But damn I hope they get this vaccine out quick and administer it effectively and efficiently. I was having a good year too. I think that will be more the end of it than telling people to just stay inside and not spread it.

Luckily my liquor store down the mountain hasn’t closed yet so everything is still good around here.

Edited by onmyown

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Remember during our last crash with a "liberal" leadership, it was corporate America that received a bailout, not the general population/homeowners. Do you think regular citizens will receive a bailout for the sin of being poor this go around? I think not. 

That was a much different situation that what we are facing today.  

I believe they are going to put cash in the hands of average person in an effort to weather the shutdown.  I also believe the govt will postpone mortgage and utility payments for a month or two.  A mass default is not in the best interest of those in power.  This is one of the few situations where it actually makes sense to “print money”.  

Edited by CBDellinger

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Stuck at home teleworking not getting poo done. I know some people love it but I am the type who likes going into the office at 0600 everyday and get poo done. I work for the federal government and we are not allowed whatsoever to go into work. Yea this is just me bitching there are bigger and more important things going on and I understand why. I can imagine 60 days of this.

But damn I hope they get this vaccine out quick and administer it effectively and efficiently. I was having a good year too. I think that will be more the end of it than telling people to just stay inside and not spread it.

Luckily my liquor store down the mountain hasn’t closed yet so everything is still good around here.

You worrying about personal needs in this situation?

Nobody cares about you wanting to go to work at the office. And liquor damn sure isn't going to make things better.

We have to do better people.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, CBDellinger said:

I believe they are going to put cash in the hands of average person in an effort to weather the shutdown.  I also believe the govt will postpone mortgage and utility payments for a month or two.  A mass default is not in the best interest of those in power.  This is one of the few situations where is actually makes sense to “print money”.  

Well, hopefully we will just not see a mass quarantine and that calamity can be avoided entirely. 

3 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

I believe they are going to put cash in the hands of average person in an effort to weather the shutdown.  I also believe the govt will postpone mortgage and utility payments for a month or two.  A mass default is not in the best interest of those in power.  This is one of the few situations where is actually makes sense to “print money”.  

We did put cash in the hands of low income folks. Romney is already pushing for cutting a check to every family. Which is crazy.

1 minute ago, Real1zOnly said:

Lighten up in this situation?

This seems like a joke to most people and I don't really get it.

The world isn't ending. It's just "worse flu." Unless you are 55+ or are in poor health, you should not have grave concerns, just concerns. Be cautious, be reasonable and the walls will not evaporate around you.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The world isn't ending. It's just "worse flu." Unless you are 55+ or are in poor health, you should not have grave concerns, just concerns. Be cautious, be reasonable and the walls will not evaporate around you.

My man people are dying from this, it doesn't matter if they are older people. What if one of those older people are someone in your family? Also infants are at high risk as well.

This isn't about protecting the elderly, it's about protecting everyone of all age groups. The virus spreads rapidly. This is just not another flu.