• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

What if, the medical and epidemiologists simply now more than then and there are more possible therapies 

ie assisting breathing by placing on stomach, some steroid use, remdasvir (sp) using a different type of oxygenation than a ventilator 

you are making quite a leap on herd mentality when that has not been proven yet with this virus   Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn’t 

Correct, it's a discussion.

All the guys saying it is exactly this and exactly that are not to be taken seriously.  You are correct to say maybe

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Correct, it's a discussion.

All the guys saying it is exactly this and exactly that are not to be taken seriously.  You are correct to say maybe

Simple face masks and basic social distancing are very effective means of preventing the spread. That's it, that's all. No hysteria. No lockdowns. No BS.

It's well past time for those who don't want to take simple steps to prevent the spread of this disease that is very dangerous to certain segments of our population to suck it up and think of someone other than themselves and their selfishness for prioritizing a small inconvenience for themselves over the lives of others.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Simple face masks and basic social distancing are very effective means of preventing the spread. That's it, that's all. No hysteria. No lockdowns. No BS.

It's well past time for those who don't want to take simple steps to prevent the spread of this disease that is very dangerous to certain segments of our population to suck it up and think of someone other than themselves and their selfishness for prioritizing a small inconvenience for themselves over the lives of others.

Back to the face masks?  Again?

I wear a damn face mask, what in the world are you doing by bringing that up every other post?  I have said it over and over.  I have not criticized anyone for wearing one. 

I am just trying to have a non political discussion about the numbers.  We have had a couple different guys who work in the medical field give us 2-3 weeks between positive cases and deaths and now another says 4-5 weeks.  All the numbers and graphs are changing.  Nothing looks like it did in February.  The vulnerable expanded when it got to the US because of obesity.  The China numbers did not include a lot of obese people for obvious reasons.  And non political because I don't see a Trump nor a Biden being able to find their way home without a trail of bread crumbs.  I do not put my faith in those guys

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

I wear a damn face mask, what in the world are you doing by bringing that up every other post?  I have said it over and over.  I have not criticized anyone for wearing one. 

I am just trying to have a non political discussion about the numbers.  We have had a couple different guys who work in the medical field give us 2-3 weeks between positive cases and deaths and now another says 4-5 weeks.  All the numbers and graphs are changing.  Nothing looks like it did in February.  The vulnerable expanded when it got to the US because of obesity.  The China numbers did not include a lot of obese people for obvious reasons.  And non political because I don't see a Trump nor a Biden being able to find their way home without a trail of bread crumbs.  I do not put my faith in those guys

Honestly man, you've already exhibited a lack of understanding of "the numbers". Does it matter if it's a 2-3 week lag or a 4-5 week lag? Who cares what a "couple different guys" say? That's why we largely rely on consensuses. All the graphs and numbers are changing? Ya don't say! It's almost as if we only have a few months of data to work off of.

I keep bringing up masks because 1) they're highly effective. 2) they're of minimal inconvenience. 3) Because some of you are acting like there's mass hysteria and widespread outcry for lockdowns and extreme measures when that's not the case. It seems like those who criticized the lockdowns and wanted other methods in reality simply wanted to do nothing and go about life as usual and take an "if they die, they die" approach. It's ironic that a lot of those who I see wanting to take that approach check a lot of boxes on the high risk checklist.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, stirs said:

I am just trying to have a non political discussion about the numbers.  We have had a couple different guys who work in the medical field give us 2-3 weeks between positive cases and deaths and now another says 4-5 weeks.  All the numbers and graphs are changing.  

It's possible you are referring to my post since there was mention of 4-5 weeks in there and if so you may have misunderstood me. I mentioned the lag time from cases to deaths is about 3 weeks but followed that up to say if cases keep doubling every week in Florida, the deaths are going to look even worse in 4-5 weeks. I wasn't saying it takes 4-5 weeks for cases to translate to deaths. I haven't read every single post in this million page thread so if you were referring to someone else's post, I apologize.

13 hours ago, stirs said:

Some people cling to low hanging fruit and hold on for dear life.  I just bought this mask:

image.png.053af19d52eb04444b5cfbf8079f1753.png

Edited by Wes21

1 minute ago, raz said:

oh ffs i'm seeing this reported everywhere now.    

Best guess is like the media typically does, they are reporting it not because the risk is high, but because lots of people will read it with the current situation. Having the potential to become a pandemic does not mean likely to become a pandemic would be my guess, giving the media's track record.

13 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Best guess is like the media typically does, they are reporting it not because the risk is high, but because lots of people will read it with the current situation. Having the potential to become a pandemic does not mean likely to become a pandemic would be my guess, giving the media's track record.

why do you make guesses?