• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, raz said:

it is frikkin nuts when you realize you've met one.   like, oh, wow, that is a real thing

I actually had a kid in the neighborhood that was one growing up so I was exposed to it early. He was the craziest one I ever dealt with too. He would lie about poo you were currently looking at.

3 hours ago, Wes21 said:

I knew a pathological liar in high school.  It was my girlfriend's friend.  You are right, its different when you meet someone like that.  A lot of people will lie when they get in trouble, or have a particular agenda for lying.  But she'd lie when there was absolutely no reason to lie.  It was just a part of her DNA.

Yeah, it is so fuging strange. Eventually you just accept it and filter basically everything.

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

Tell me, what will SIP do, when people are already going to be walking around? When people have already exposed other people? When it has been here since December, and people have been reportedly sick, and is was ruled out as the Flu? People have already touched surfaces, coughed on surfaces, eating meals and hanging out.  Forcing a society to Quarantine, is more of a draconian rule. Actually, forcing anything, on Americans, does not go over well. Social Distancing, is well needed, and should be followed. Handing out tickets, charging people with obstruction, etc etc.. just for being out... is pretty close to martial law, and not needed. People are doing a pretty good job all ready distancing and only going to stores when need, the extra step, is just going too far. 

Btw, the name Devil Doc... is because I was a Navy Corpsman, and that is our nickname. Corpsman are the medics for the Marines. 

Yeah I saw some videos about corpsman in Vietnam. Man those dudes have balls of steel. Trying to rescue and save a guy with His arm blown off with bullets flying by you sounds terrifying.  Thanks for your service but SIP will help stop the transmission. Cuts back on community spread. 

Edited by 4Corners

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah I saw some videos about corpsman in Vietnam. Man those dudes have balls of steel. Trying to rescue and save a guy with His arm blown off with bullets flying by you sounds terrifying.  Thanks for your service but SIP will help stop the transmission. Cuts back on community spread. 

I agree it can man, I want people to get better, I honestly do. I just don't want the Government to get 'cocky'. Thanks bro, we do not get along very much, I do try to be civil in our conversations. I hope you and your family are well. 

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Politicians lie but pathological liars lie almost all the time. He is a pathological liar. If people can't see that by now, then they have never been exposed to any prior to his popularity. 

I’m not a psychologist (obviously) but trump is without a doubt a pathological liar. Ray Charles could see that a mile away. I also think he believes the stuff he says and has no grasp of reality around him and is oblivious to how the real world works. I think it’s why his cabinet has been a revolving door - he hires yes men and people who have to tell him NO or you can’t do that or it doesn’t work like that don’t last long. 

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I agree it can man, I want people to get better, I honestly do. I just don't want the Government to get 'cocky'. Thanks bro, we do not get along very much, I do try to be civil in our conversations. I hope you and your family are well. 

I watched a lot docs and first hand stories from Vietnam guys. It’s important the Vietnam soldiers aren’t forgotten. It was Bad for pretty much everyone involved and a huge American mistake. My dad was lucky enough to get a deferment but my uncle wasn’t. 

The corpsman ones from Vietnam are incredible in a sad and awesome kind of way. I watched one from a guy I think received the MOH and the stuff these dudes had to go through was insane. 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I watched a lot docs and first hand stories from Vietnam guys. It’s important the Vietnam soldiers aren’t forgotten. It was Bad for pretty much everyone involved and a huge American mistake. My dad was lucky enough to get a deferment but my uncle wasn’t. 

The corpsman ones from Vietnam are incredible in a sad and awesome kind of way. I watched one from a guy I think received the MOH and the stuff these dudes had to go through was insane. 

There has been TON of Corpsman, before me, and after me, that have done some brave poo. Interesting Tid Bit, Corpsman are one of  the most decorated jobs in the military. They have earned 22 Medals of Honor, 179 Navy Crosses, 959 Silver Stars and more than 1600 bronze Stars. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

There has been TON of Corpsman, before me, and after me, that have done some brave poo. Interesting Tid Bit, Corpsman are one of  the most decorated jobs in the military. They have earned 22 Medals of Honor, 179 Navy Crosses, 959 Silver Stars and more than 1600 bronze Stars. 

Not only were they very valuable people to have on the front lines, I read that many of them would have to shack up with LTs and officers in case they were worried about getting fragged in Vietnam during their sleep.  

My wife got direct confirmation this morning from their controller that all of the layoffs they're announcing today and tomorrow are with the specific intention of beating the April 1st deadline outlined below.

Beginning April 1, H.R. 6201 will require employers with fewer than 500 employees, with some exceptions, to provide 12 weeks of protected leave to eligible employees who are unable to work, including telework, because their child’s school or place of care has been closed or their child care provider is unavailable due to a public health emergency. The new requirement, which amends the Family and Medical Leave Act, will expire Dec. 31. The 500-employee threshold under the emergency FMLA is a significant change from the current FMLA threshold of 50 or more employees.

It's straight up fuging evil. Pay attention to the companies that have been laying people off in droves this week. Don't give them your business in the future. They don't deserve it.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My wife got direct confirmation this morning from their controller that all of the layoffs they're announcing today and tomorrow are with the specific intention of beating the April 1st deadline outlined below.

Beginning April 1, H.R. 6201 will require employers with fewer than 500 employees, with some exceptions, to provide 12 weeks of protected leave to eligible employees who are unable to work, including telework, because their child’s school or place of care has been closed or their child care provider is unavailable due to a public health emergency. The new requirement, which amends the Family and Medical Leave Act, will expire Dec. 31. The 500-employee threshold under the emergency FMLA is a significant change from the current FMLA threshold of 50 or more employees.

It's straight up fuging evil. Pay attention to the companies that have been laying people off in droves this week. Don't give them your business in the future. They don't deserve it.

Yeah corps shitting on their employees. Nothing more american than that. I’d ask who she works for but I’m sure u don’t want to say which I don’t blame u

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure that it's all straight up fuging evil. Companies work off contracts and they may simply not be able to guarantee a job when employees come back if too many employees leave for 12 weeks and they can't fulfill their obligations. Is it better to go ahead and let them go or do you let them take unpaid leave and fire them when the 12 weeks are up because all your contracts went somewhere else because you couldn't meet demand. It's a hard thing to consider, I've had to do it myself in the past couple of days. It's a situation I'm definitely losing sleep over and I don't have to worry about the threshold. 

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not sure that it's all straight up fuging evil. Companies work off contracts and they may simply not be able to guarantee a job when employees come back if too many employees leave for 12 weeks and they can't fulfill their obligations. Is it better to go ahead and let them go or do you let them take unpaid leave and fire them when the 12 weeks are up because all your contracts went somewhere else because you couldn't meet demand. It's a hard thing to consider, I've had to do it myself in the past couple of days. It's a situation I'm definitely losing sleep over and I don't have to worry about the threshold. 

If you understood the business she's in you'd realize this isn't applicable. That's all I'll say in a public thread.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you understood the business she's in you'd realize this isn't applicable. That's all I'll say in a public thread.

I realize that. You just said pay attention to who all is doing it, they don't deserve your business. They may not have a choice if it means the company surviving. I'm sure there are complete asshats who are doing this to poo all over their workers and exploit the situation. I was just trying to say that I think there may be another reason for some, and it's just downright heartbreaking. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This sucks, sorry it happened.