• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

10 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

CNN not doing anything egregious? Have you not seen the past 2 weeks of news? All it shows is CoronaVirus... Panic.. pointing fingers, and long drawn out newscast about how Trump is bad. Is this really news? Do they need to go on and on and on about Trump and the Coronavirus? I dunno... instead of the news? Like how there was an naval ship on fire for 5 days.. hardly any coverage, How there is a link to pedophilia from famous celebrities though Epstein? Nothing. CNN hasn't covered the flooding in China/India, Brazil Coronavirus cases. These are just a few examples. CNN had an interview  of Trumps niece asking questions about him. Is this really news? How is this news? Main Stream Media needs to report the news, and just the news, they do not need to have experts on the show, or interviews, or some person going on giving opinions, etc.. it becomes entertainment, not news, at that point. 

See anything wrong with this picture?

No description available.

Edited by Wes21

My best advice to everyone is to simply turn off the news. Turn it the fug off. I tune in once a month or so just to see what they're saying and it's no surprise in the least why America is so divided. Between our politicians and the news, everything is driving a wedge between us. Our politicians and media are leeches feeding on the division so they're dumping gas on the flames with a fire hose. Turn that poo the fug off.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My best advice to everyone is to simply turn off the news. Turn it the fug off. I tune in once a month or so just to see what they're saying and it's no surprise in the least why America is so divided. Between our politicians and the news, everything is driving a wedge between us. Our politicians and media are leeches feeding on the division so they're dumping gas on the flames with a fire hose. Turn that poo the fug off.

I agree with you on this one. My MIL watches the news constantly yelling at the TV, gets an attitude over what she sees.. I am like.. this poo is melting her brain. It is all I see on ALL news channels.. division, finger pointing, blame, chaos, panic.. rinse and repeat. 

The last time I watched cable news by choice was probably five or six years ago.  I got exposed to a couple hours of Fox News last year and I don't understand how anyone can watch that poo.  It's like the entire presentation is intended to grate on your nerves.  All the other networks have copied that format too.

28 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

CNN not doing anything egregious? Have you not seen the past 2 weeks of news? All it shows is CoronaVirus... Panic.. pointing fingers, and long drawn out newscast about how Trump is bad. Is this really news?

Dude i know i have a slightly different viewpoint about covid than a lot in this thread but this is a fuging goddamn disaster and the level of scrutiny its receiving is nowhere near where it should be. Like I cannot fathom what else you would reasonably expect the news to talk about right now. Go to fox if you want breaking news about taco bell's menu sourced to a reddit poster

image.thumb.png.f456dbeb8df6688a8df99f6a7ae0a052.png

like CNN is maybe dumbing it down but A.) yes this is a global pandemic that is going to end up killing well over a million americans and B.) the executive is failing in such an extreme manner that historians are going to look back at this being a massive inflection point. You are literally living through history right now. 

I've not seen anything on CNN even close to how bad things actually are. 

Want me to prove it?

McAllen Texas is putting all their covid patients into a converted hospice hospital across the street. This is so they can claim their main hospital is covid free and continue to do elective surgeries. They're staffing this hospital with travel nurses and mid levels, probably so if things go real pear shaped they can just cut ties and claim they had no idea what was going on. This is the twitter thread about it. This includes pictures. 

Highlights (lowlights?) from this include

- intubated patients covered in ants

- hallways with beds on either side

- cpap/vent machines run with oxygen tanks because they don't have enough wall space to plug poo in

- employees walking off the job en masse

- hospital hiding ppe because they say the staff are using too much

- nurses literally covered in poo because the hospital won't give more than one gown per shift

Is this on CNN? Of course not. This is so much worse than anything percolating up to the 24 hours news cycle.

• Flames 1

21 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Dude i know i have a slightly different viewpoint about covid than a lot in this thread but this is a fuging goddamn disaster and the level of scrutiny its receiving is nowhere near where it should be. Like I cannot fathom what else you would reasonably expect the news to talk about right now. Go to fox if you want breaking news about taco bell's menu sourced to a reddit poster

like CNN is maybe dumbing it down but A.) yes this is a global pandemic that is going to end up killing well over a million americans and B.) the executive is failing in such an extreme manner that historians are going to look back at this being a massive inflection point. You are literally living through history right now. 

Want me to prove it?

McAllen Texas is putting all their covid patients into a converted hospice hospital across the street. This is so they can claim their main hospital is covid free and continue to do elective surgeries. They're staffing this hospital with travel nurses and mid levels, probably so if things go real pear shaped they can just cut ties and claim they had no idea what was going on. This is the twitter thread about it. This includes pictures. 

- cpap/vent machines run with oxygen tanks because they don't have enough wall space to plug poo in

- nurses literally covered in poo because the hospital won't give more than one gown per shift

Is this on CNN? Of course not. This is so much worse than anything percolating up to the 24 hours news cycle.

The thing about Taco Bell is not news either. What is reporting how bad the executive is failing has to do news wise, or how is this information going to help or inform the public? It won't. ?How is reporting death and despair going to change anything? It won't. People are tired of hearing about it, people have given up caring and have other important poo to worry about. The news talks about it, when the relevancy of the Virus is fading. The News is news, it is not opinion, is it not to bash a political figure, it is not to run all day news on how bad someone is failing, or how bad someone is. It needs to be the news. Report the data, report what you see.. and that's it. I do no know why you want to nitpick the conditions of McAllen, TX.. and not mention the other gregarious errors from other states, country and around the world. I am on the opinion that the Virus DOES NOT need the scrutiny it is getting. All it does is instill fear, panic, and chaos. This Virus does not need to be looked at under a microscope... by so called NEWS organizations. The News needs to report news, let the people decide how serious the VIRUS is.. not the media. 

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Lol!  I sent you the link straight to the Federal Election Commission's website which was drilled down to the CDC's contributions.  That is fake news?  You are laughable.

He gave you an insult instead of a real response?  Weird.

Edited by Wes21
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Want me to prove it?

A vaccine will be available before Nov 2nd but a million americans will die? Like thats not even taking into account all the treatment options that have been developed. And the number of intubations has dropped significantly because they found oxygenating patients way more effective.