• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't mention Italy because it's part of the travel ban. The UK has an active outbreaks and is not. Same with South Korea, hence why they were specifically mentioned.

Well I'm all for banning all countries but I'm guessing there is a reason we haven't done so yet. Maybe because most of our cases have come from China and Italy. 

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

No one is saying it is the Black Death, but is is serious.

King County (Seattle) has 376 known cases so far with 23 deaths. Some were elderly but some were people in the 50s and 40s. The person in her 40s was a regular employee of the nursing home. She didn’t have major health issues except maybe high blood pressure or something.

The point is, there are a lot of elderly people and people with health issues. If hundreds of thousands or millions of people had this already, basic math says it would be hitting the fan right now.

It's not that serious. Yes you should practice good hygiene but CNN has hyped it way too much. SARS and Swine Flu were much more serious. The sheer fear and panic that the news has caused is much more dangerous. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

No one is saying it is the Black Death, but is is serious.

King County (Seattle) has 376 known cases so far with 23 deaths. Some were elderly but some were people in the 50s and 40s. The person in her 40s was a regular employee of the nursing home. She didn’t have major health issues except maybe high blood pressure or something.

The point is, there are a lot of elderly people and people with health issues. If hundreds of thousands or millions of people had this already, basic math says it would be hitting the fan right now.

The problem is incubation period is as long as 14 days. That’s why you see so much exponential growth in China and Italy. Look at next week or the week after. It’s gonna be bad. We simply do not have the testing kits available that countries like South Korea have. 

society is making great moves canceling huge gatherings and sporting events. It will save lives. Schools need to be next.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 2

Just now, TheRumGone said:

The problem is incubation period is as long as 14 days. That’s why you see so much exponential growth in China and Italy. Look at next week or the week after. It’s gonna be bad.

society is making great moves canceling huge gatherings and sporting events. It will save lives. Schools need to be next.

Been watching too much CNN there bud. The flu kills more young people than corona yet we don't shut down schools for that. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

It's not that serious. Yes you should practice good hygiene but CNN has hyped it way too much. SARS and Swine Flu were much more serious. 

Yes, SARS was way worse. Most people won’t die from corona virus, but we have a responsibility to protect the vulnerable. Our medical system cannot handle a modest influx of sick people all at once. That’s the real danger here.

I’m going to trust my friends in the medical field and what they are telling me they are seeing over whatever YouTube channel you are watching.

• Pie 3

Schools for sure. Honestly, in terms of spread kids are probably the biggest risk factor. This disease seems to be causing no to very mild symptoms in kids for the most part so it's far more likely to go unnoticed among them and far more likely to be spread because good luck keeping a kid from touching their face and being diligent about hand washing, etc.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Been watching too much CNN there bud. The flu kills more young people than corona yet we don't shut down schools for that. 

Also. Kids are asymptomatic super spreaders. This thing gets out of control at schools it’s gonna be bad news. They bring it home to their parents, their parents have jobs, bring it to coworkers, their families and so on and so forth. People really need to wake up. This virus is wayyyy more contagious then the flu. One guy in New York infected 50 people in a matter of a couple of days.

• Pie 2

a dude in his 30s here in NYC is in serious condition. new rochelle, a town just north of the city, is quarantined. guy who lives there worked in midtown (times square/broadway theaters/super tourist-y stuff). not great!

i work in a pharmacy and it's been a disaster. sold out of toilet paper, cold/cough medicine, thermometers, facemasks, soap, hand sanitizer, and now people are trying to hoard meds and just pay out of pocket for them.

our idiot president just said cargo from europe is banned which is gonna inflame the hoarders even more (even tho his staff clarified cargo from EU isn't banned) and that all covid-19 treatments would have co-payments waived (a lobbyist for insurance companies said this was false - only tests would have fees waved, not treatments). dow futures is plummeting. worst week since the 2008 crash.

anyway this is twice as contagious as swine flu and way, way deadlier than the regular flu. america has the lowest amount of tests per capita of any nation on earth (5 out of every million people tested). we are woefully unprepared. and it is only going to get worse over the next month or so. best of luck to everyone!

looking forward to the draft being a digital event! draft kinlaw!

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You don't seem to comprehend that we (as in the majority of the world) are in the very beginning stages of this. This party hasn't even started yet.

I comprehend it completely. I don't fear this virus. I fear you and everyone else going stupid over something that isn't a big deal. 

• Pie 3