• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Allow Cam Newton To Seek Trade

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

Boom I knew this was coming.

First, I will say that I’ll believe it when I see it. Second, duh. I’ve been very vocal about tanking for pick 1. By tanking, I clearly mean don’t sign FAs, trade people like Cam for picks (not young weapons like CMC and Moore). In all those threads where I was told no way, Cam’s the man and we’ll see how this year goes, no Cam fan ever responded when I asked them if they thought Cam would play with no security for a team clearly rebuilding. Silence. I don’t care if Cam was saying the right things, I didn’t think he would suit up for a rebuild where he could get hurt again and have no guarantees beyond 2020. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

gotta get rid of Cam to tank for Trevor. 

Bears or Chargers, would be good fits.   Heck, might need to watch the Redskins in reality.  Bet Ron would much rather roll w/ Cam. 

I would actually become a Redskins fan because pretty much they are the Panthers with different jerseys

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

G69%20(1).jpg

We don't seem to have any desire to compete, so might as well let Cam go find an opportunity to do just that.

The fact that people in here thought Cam would do a rebuild on a one year deal is comical. I’m not shocked at all if he’s seeking the trade. I brought it up plenty of times that I didn’t think it was reasonable to assume that. I don’t blame Cam at all.

I think my favorite part of all this is 

#1 seeking and trade and getting traded are two very different things

#2 “we aren’t racist we just don’t want a black qb” fans are rejoicing over the team trying to get rid of the only franchise qb we’ve ever had 

Archived