• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

If you didn't file income taxes or don't get Social Security or Supplemental Security Income or Veterans Affairs benefits, there's now a way to give the IRS your information for the coronavirus rebate.

YOU DO NOT NEED A BANK ACCOUNT TO USE THE IRS PORTAL. A lot of those that don't file taxes also don't have bank accounts. You will need an email address. More questions answered on the website.

Information You will Need to Provide

• Full name, current mailing address and an email address
  • Date of birth and valid Social Security number
  • Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
  • Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
  • Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
  • For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

17 hours ago, philit99 said:

Did you guys know that it used to be illegal to make a profit off of health care in the United States prior to 1973? Think about how much we all pay for health insurance especially if you have a family. Nixon changed everything, and expensive health care was born.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/healthcare-profit-1973-***-act/

One of the biggest problems we have right now are the for-profit management companies that run almost every non-profit municipal hospital in the country. When they were making money hand over fist, they sunk those "profits" into building larger facilities and massive parking debts not to serve the community but to grow their management fees. They added rooms not to meet need but to eliminate the semi-private and ward rooms because private rooms are more customer friendly and produce more facility fees.

They could have been stockpiling their own PPE and ventilators,  but those don't make money and don't follow the lean manufacturing principals that have been guiding US inventory theory for the past decade and a half. All of these items were relatively cheap and abundant prior to Dec. 2019...

22 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

One of the biggest problems we have right now are the for-profit management companies that run almost every non-profit municipal hospital in the country. When they were making money hand over fist, they sunk those "profits" into building larger facilities and massive parking debts not to serve the community but to grow their management fees. They added rooms not to meet need but to eliminate the semi-private and ward rooms because private rooms are more customer friendly and produce more facility fees.

They could have been stockpiling their own PPE and ventilators,  but those don't make money and don't follow the lean manufacturing principals that have been guiding US inventory theory for the past decade and a half. All of these items were relatively cheap and abundant prior to Dec. 2019...

One of our customers is the American Hospital Assoc. 

There are going to be changes in accreditation standards when it comes to disaster preparedness.  Im not saying that what you said is wrong, but there is a group that sets standards for what hospitals are required to have on hand.  Loss of or failure to gain accreditation from AHA has a big impact on things like insurance rates and access to state and federal money. 

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Just wait until the next open enrollment period for working Americans. How in the heck will people be able to afford healtcare after this fiasco, as you know their next enrollment amount will skyrocket?

On 4/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, philit99 said:

Did you guys know that it used to be illegal to make a profit off of health care in the United States prior to 1973? Think about how much we all pay for health insurance especially if you have a family. Nixon changed everything, and expensive health care was born.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/healthcare-profit-1973-***-act/

Richard Nixon, the lying POS and crook, is a duke graduate. Fitting. 

18 hours ago, philit99 said:

Just wait until the next open enrollment period for working Americans. How in the heck will people be able to afford healtcare after this fiasco, as you know their next enrollment amount will skyrocket?

That will be the, what, fifth wave of the Covid-19 pandemic... how do we all pay for this? 

Not rough for the millionaires thanks to the pubes

More than 80 percent of the benefits of a tax change tucked into the coronavirus relief package Congress passed last month will go to those who earn more than $1 million annually, according to a report by a nonpartisan congressional body expected to be released Tuesday.

The provision, inserted into the legislation by Senate Republicans, temporarily suspends a limitation on how much owners of businesses formed as “pass-through” entities can deduct against their nonbusiness income, such as capital gains, to reduce their tax liability. The limitation was created as part of the 2017 Republican tax law to offset other tax cuts to firms in that legislation.

Suspending the limitation will cost taxpayers about $90 billion in 2020 alone, part of a set of tax changes that will add close to $170 billion to the national deficit over the next 10 years, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT), the nonpartisan congressional body.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/14/coronavirus-law-congress-tax-change/

The recently passed CARES act is supposed to allow for a period of up to 180 days of mortgage forbearance followed by another up to 180 day forbearance if necessary for borrowers with government backed mortgages and requires lenders to work with borrowers after that period including offering loan modifications. My mortgage servicers is offering 90 days forbearance with the complete balance due at the end of the forbearance. My mortgage is backed by Fannie Mae. I just reported my loan servicer to the FTC.

I was curious, so I looked at the forbearance options from my loan servicer and saw this little gem.

• Forbearance requires payments to be repaid after the period has expired

So if someone loses a job and is approved for a 3-6 month forbearance, they will be responsible for a massive lump sum payment at the end of the period? What could go wrong?

My mortgage is backed by Fannie Mae. I called Fannie Mae directly. They told me the loan servicers cannot do this. They're required to work with the borrower on a repayment plan up to and including loan modification to add those months to the back end of the loan. The mortgage servicers just don't want to do that, so they're posturing.

I'll report back when/if I hear back from my FTC complaint and from the two CO senators and my CO congressman that I wrote.

Recipients of Social Security and railroad retirement benefits who have children should act by Wednesday in order to quickly receive the full amount of their coronavirus relief payments, the IRS said Monday afternoon.

The agency is instructing Social Security and railroad retirement beneficiaries to use the IRS's "Non-filers: Enter Payment Info Here" web tool by Wednesday at noon EDT to provide the IRS with information about their children. The agency said that SSI and VA beneficiaries have some additional time beyond that deadline because their automatic payments will be made at a later date.

People who do not promptly provide the IRS with information about their eligible children will receive only $1,200 in the near future and would receive the additional amount amount of $500 per child upon filing a 2020 tax return next year, the agency said. 

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/493779-irs-says-social-security-recipients-with-children-must-take-action-to-ensure

The IRS web tool. https://www.irs.gov/

Surprise! If you get Social Security or railroad retirement benefits and have children that qualify, you need to give the IRS that information to get all your stimulus money now.

Archived