• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tua Tagovailoa

MMA

I am seeing that there are multiple teams that have Tua as the #3 or #4 Qb on their board. It makes sense because Miami is now trying to trade up to #1 for Joe Burrow. Would you take Tua at #7 or pass? 

I think they wait one year minimum to decide on drafting a QB. We have so many other needs, and I believe they wait to see what Teddy/PJ/Grier can do for us before making that decision. With one guard we will have a very solid offense, and if TB performs well, we could compete next season after two full off seasons to rebuild our defense.

Definitely pass.

I actually think we're good at QB for at least a couple seasons. Many people dismiss Teddy too easily. He's efficient and a great distributor. And who knows what we might have in Walker. I'm curious though.

But if we see a developmental guy we like later in the draft, I'm not opposed to taking a QB late this year.

Spending our round 1 pick on a QB when our defense is so porous would be laughable to me. Just look at the history of round 1 QBs and their bust rate. We *need* help elsewhere immediately, and there is plenty to be had at the top of the draft.

18 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I think they wait one year minimum to decide on drafting a QB. We have so many other needs, and I believe they wait to see what Teddy/PJ/Grier can do for us before making that decision. With one guard we will have a very solid offense, and if TB performs well, we could compete next season after two full off seasons to rebuild our defense.

I think we actually need two guards. 

I would indeed take Tua at 7, but only if the plan is to let Teddy start for this whole season and maybe even 1 more, before we throw Tua out there. Even if Teddy got hurt this year I wouldn’t put Tua in, let him get up to speed with the NFL before seeing any regular season game action. Worked wonders for arguably the best 2 QBs in recent memory, Rodgers and now Mahomes...

44 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

38 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Definitely pass.

I actually think we're good at QB for at least a couple seasons. Many people dismiss Teddy too easily. He's efficient and a great distributor. And who knows what we might have in Walker. I'm curious though.

But if we see a developmental guy we like later in the draft, I'm not opposed to taking a QB late this year.

Spending our round 1 pick on a QB when our defense is so porous would be laughable to me. Just look at the history of round 1 QBs and their bust rate. We *need* help elsewhere immediately, and there is plenty to be had at the top of the draft.

I think it might be the perfect scenario for us if Tua is available. He can sit behind Teddy and slowly learn the offense. If Teddy struggles, then you have Tua. If Teddy performs, you could trade him to a qb needy team. 

1 minute ago, RASTAN66 said:

Hard pass.

It's Teddy Time...

I wish Tua the best but doubt he ever does much in the National Football League.

If he stays healthy he definitely can. He’s mobile and was deadly accurate making all the throws in college. Russell Wilson-esque. 

Archived