• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We don't know who we are drafting yet?

steven8989

2 hours ago, kass said:

This discussion board is amazing.

Slamming a poster for claiming that the consensus on this board (aswell as among NFL experts) ahead of the drafts was that our picks would be DJ Moore and Burns. 

I wasn't registered back then but yeah, that we were gonna pick them if available was no secret to anyone. But hey, some of you couldn't even shut up about Cam and the Steelers game for no apparent reason. Can't remember everything. 

And the criticism is basically, "oh, you can't predict the future, so no one really knew". 

I really enjoy this board so much. I mean it! I follow the NFL for entertainment and you guys dont let me down at all. Love it.

Me: I am going to the nearest store later today. 

Huddle 2020: no, you cannot know that. Maybe the store will be attacked by purple aliens and will be closed. 

Me: then obviously I won't... I'll keep y'all updated just to be sure.

Smart Think About It GIF by Friends

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Always finding stupid poo in your post maybe....hmmmmmmmmmmm.   

It's not a fact..Verge said they liked certain players he never said he knew they were going to get those players..... Just because we think the team likes a player doesn't mean a team will get that player.. There are other teams who draft to Genius and some like the same players... Please stop acting like you knew who the team was going to draft.. Or put some money on it?? 

Lol. You just don’t get it. Technically speaking you can never know before hand, blah dee blah. We all talked about Marty was dead set on Burns, Little and Grier. Guess what we got all three, two of whom we reached way up to ensure we got them. Is there some sort of connection you just can’t see? Oh I know, someone else could possibly have drafted them so there’s no way to know, and yet we did. Where were you the past two drafts? Nice of you to put a bet when teams can’t have visits and pro days were cancelled, go out on a limb more and you might get off the ground.

2 hours ago, kass said:

This discussion board is amazing.

Slamming a poster for claiming that the consensus on this board (aswell as among NFL experts) ahead of the drafts was that our picks would be DJ Moore and Burns. 

I wasn't registered back then but yeah, that we were gonna pick them if available was no secret to anyone. But hey, some of you couldn't even shut up about Cam and the Steelers game for no apparent reason. Can't remember everything. 

And the criticism is basically, "oh, you can't predict the future, so no one really knew". 

I really enjoy this board so much. I mean it! I follow the NFL for entertainment and you guys dont let me down at all. Love it.

Me: I am going to the nearest store later today. 

Huddle 2020: no, you cannot know that. Maybe the store will be attacked by purple aliens and will be closed. 

Me: then obviously I won't... I'll keep y'all updated just to be sure.

1. You can never know who we are going to draft. Well unless you have a GM who’s willing to draft guys way before any other team will select them, but yes technically speaking we wouldn’t have drafted Little if one other team also didn’t watch the combine and decided to trust PFF instead of their own eyes and decided that our backup pick at 16 was worth taking before pick 37.

2. You can’t say Little was a bad pick because you’ve never been an NFL GM before so your opinion must be wrong.

3. How dare you critique our coach on who he should play. Are you in every meeting and practice? Then you can’t possibly know that the coach made a mistake.

And so on. Some people on here like to discuss stuff. Some just like to argue even if they’re wrong and can’t keep from replying.

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. You just don’t get it. Technically speaking you can never know before hand, blah dee blah. We all talked about Marty was dead set on Burns, Little and Grier. Guess what we got all three, two of whom we reached way up to ensure we got them. Is there some sort of connection you just can’t see? Oh I know, someone else could possibly have drafted them so there’s no way to know, and yet we did. Where were you the past two drafts? Nice of you to put a bet when teams can’t have visits and pro days were cancelled, go out on a limb more and you might get off the ground.

I've been here since the official board was on panthers.com....  So I've been here for every draft even the expansion draft in 95..  The connection is guessing based on who the team shows intrest in.. That's not knowing who they are going to pick.. 

Burns was projected to be a top 10 pick.. He fell to us.. So how did you know we were going to get him?? That's right you like everybody here didn't.. Please stop acting like Nastradumbass..

If you knew.. Post your mock last year 4 weeks before the draft saying we were getting Burns, little and Grier. 

Don't worry I'll wait..

20 hours ago, stbugs said:

Looking for my posts now? It’s a fact that we all knew in here who our favorites were in the 1st with Moore, CMC and Burns and last year with Little, Grier and to a lesser degree Miller. This year will be tougher because there are no visits or workouts and many pro days were cancelled. That’s doesn’t negate the fact that Marty has absolutely telegraphed many of his early picks.

Marty didn't pick CMC. Come on! 

Tell us who Gettleman telegraphed too.

We knew it would be Shaq and Vernon and CMC as much as we knew it would be Moore or Burns

49 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Marty didn't pick CMC. Come on! 

Tell us who Gettleman telegraphed too.

We knew it would be Shaq and Vernon and CMC as much as we knew it would be Moore or Burns

Oh really? Duh. I added CMC to show that it’s not just Marty, but it’s crazy that people want to act like we didn’t know who Marty was going after hard last year. People were trying to make it seem like it’s impossible to know who we were going to pick unless we have the #1 overall pick (hopefully next year).

Problem with Marty is that it went against the strength of the draft and we traded away a valuable pick and used another on a trash QB.

14 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I've been here since the official board was on panthers.com....  So I've been here for every draft even the expansion draft in 95..  The connection is guessing based on who the team shows intrest in.. That's not knowing who they are going to pick.. 

Burns was projected to be a top 10 pick.. He fell to us.. So how did you know we were going to get him?? That's right you like everybody here didn't.. Please stop acting like Nastradumbass..

If you knew.. Post your mock last year 4 weeks before the draft saying we were getting Burns, little and Grier. 

Don't worry I'll wait..

Lol. You really don’t get this concept do you. Of course you can’t “know” they will be the pick but that doesn’t mean there aren’t clear favorites that are well known. It’s really funny that you say Burns was projected to be a top 10 pick and yet he went 16 and then you get mad at people saying he will be our pick and he was.

It’s not my fault that you have been on this board so much and don’t recall how Grier, Burns and Little were discussed as nauseam on here. No one was surprised when we reached and got Little and Grier.

Also, you don’t have to always be an asshole. Maybe that’s just you, I guess I don’t really care so you be you. The last thing I’m going to waste my time on is digging through one year old posts. How about this, prove me wrong.

Don't worry I’ll wait...

Brown, Okudah, Simmons, or Kinlaw depending on who is available when we pick. We have an idea now just like every year. Things could still happen like a trade up/down or all 4 could be gone. Brown makes the most sense based on need and chance he will be there.

I will tell you one Hurney is banging the door for hard is Dugger. He personally visited him 1 on 1 and we met w him via computer conference. Hurney is obsessed with his local small school players. I can promise you he will be banging the door for him round 2. Jonathan Jones also confirmed that we are "super interested." This has Hurney written all over it. 

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

I will tell you one Hurney is banging the door for hard is Dugger. He personally visited him 1 on 1 and we met w him via computer conference. Hurney is obsessed with his local small school players. I can promise you he will be banging the door for him round 2. Jonathan Jones also confirmed that we are "super interested." This has Hurney written all over it. 

Hurney definitely seems to fall in love with "his guys", which wouldn't be so bad if we were patient and didn't overdraft them.

Speaking of which there are two aspects to drafting that make you successful.  Being able to identify talent (Duh) but also being able to identify what other teams are going to do.  That allows you to maximize your value out of the draft by not over drafting.

2 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Dugger is a poor man’s Isiah Simmons. Slightly smaller but is a super athletic “tweener” that could play FS or LB. I don’t think he would be a terrible pick. Shaq and him would make our defense interesting. I see him ranked 65 in the top 100. Our 2nd round pick would be bit of a reach, but a trade down or 3rd and I would be ok with him...

Archived