• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you like in the second and third?

AU-panther

As expected most of our conversation around here centers around our first round pick, but who do you like with our next two picks?

As it stands right now I think most of agree that Brown, Simmons, and Okuda are probably the 3 most likely.  Possible Henderson or Kinlaw (hopefully with a trade down)?

So basically either LB, CB, or DT are the most likely pick at 7.  So for all of you draft experts who do you like in the second and third, based on who we pick in the first? Might be fun to look back at this in a year.

if we go Simmons first, who do you like with 38 and 69?

If we go DT first, who do you like with 38 and 69?

If we go CB first, who do you like with 38 and 69?

Something like:

1st Simmons(LB), 2nd Jaylon Johnson (CB), 3rd Jordan Elliot (DT)

1st Okuda or Henderson(CB), 2nd Weaver (DE), 3rd Jordan Elliot (DT)

1st Brown or Kinlaw (DT), 2nd Jaylon Johnson (CB), 3rd Chase Claypool(WR)

33 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

As expected most of our conversation around here centers around our first round pick, but who do you like with our next two picks?

As it stands right now I think most of agree that Brown, Simmons, and Okuda are probably the 3 most likely.  Possible Henderson or Kinlaw (hopefully with a trade down)?

So basically either LB, CB, or DT are the most likely pick at 7.  So for all of you draft experts who do you like in the second and third, based on who we pick in the first? Might be fun to look back at this in a year.

if we go Simmons first, who do you like with 38 and 69?

If we go DT first, who do you like with 38 and 69?

If we go CB first, who do you like with 38 and 69?

1st Simmons(LB), 2nd Jaylon Johnson (CB), 3rd Jordan Elliot (DT)  I would love this one....the CB could  change, but if Elliot is there, I would take him.

1st Okuda or Henderson(CB), 2nd Weaver (DE), 3rd Jordan Elliot (DT)  Do not be surprised to see us taking someone like Weaver or Greenard DE.

1st Brown or Kinlaw (DT), 2nd Jaylon Johnson (CB), 3rd Greenard, (DE)

I would not mind these.  Bolded my comments./choices.  Greenard had a good combine--reminds me of a young Charles Johnson.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce Hall - CB, UVA

What if we go CB in the first?

Or Simmons in the first, are you comfortable waiting until 3rd or later for a DT?

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I would not mind these.  Bolded my comments./choices.  Greenard had a good combine--reminds me of a young Charles Johnson.

I'm sure some of these DEs will turn into decent players, but this class seems really below average. In regards to Elliot if I knew for sure I could get him in the third I would be a lot more inclined to not go DT in the first.

3 hours ago, CaliPanthers said:

To me should the 2nd round really change based on who you picked in the 1st. If they have similar grades yea but otherwise your reaching in the early 2nd. Im taking BPA and not knowing who is available, I will take Michael Pittman Jr. I know its not the biggest need, I just feel long term it will pay off. 

If one of the top CB's falls to us in the 2nd round ( Diggs, Terrell or Fulton) Id definitely consider. But still iffy if Jaylon Johnson, Jeff Gladney, Damon Arnette, Noah Igbinoghene, Bryce Hall or Cameron Dantzler are BPA in the early 2nd round when one of those guys could drop to the 3rd. 

I like Derrick Brown in the 1st round. 

1- Derrick Brown

2 - Michael Pittman Jr.

3- James Lynch

4- Amik Robertson or Reggie Robinson

If we go Simmons... 1- Isiah Simmons

2- Michael Pittman Jr.

3. James Lynch

4. Amik Robertson or Reggie Robinson

If we go Okudah… 1 Jeff Okudah

2. Michael Pittman Jr. 

3. James Lynch

4. Davon Hamilton DT ohio st

Loves Pittman 

If Simmons were the 1st rd pick:

2nd - Ruiz for Center/Guard. 

3rd - Fotu for NT to keep Simmons clean.

For the others, I do not know enough of the candidates/players for the draft this year. This is going to be a wild draft no matter what tbh. New coach, same GM, many defensive holes.

24 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Me too. Ive seen comparisons to Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Brandon Marshall and Courtland Sutton. Ill take that. Has NFL bloodlines. Was a beast on special teams. Team captain. 

Kid is long and I love that. 

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

1st Simmons(LB), 2nd Jaylon Johnson (CB), 3rd Jordan Elliott (DT)

1st Okuda or Henderson(CB), 2nd Gallimore (DT), 3rd Greenard (DE) 

1st Brown or Kinlaw (DT), 2nd Jaylon Johnson (CB), 3rd Greenard (DE) 

I'd be fine with this.  So we were thinking along the same lines.

Archived