• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Hooker

Jared Patterson

Man I was high on him coming out. His only problem is injuries, when he is on the field he is one of the best FS in the league. I believe he is a free agent coming up soon and I was hoping we would target him. He is on the trade block now. What would it take to get him and should we make a move?

8 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

He is super young with immense talent.

It's a bad sign the Colts are trying to trade him since he's so young. Something is up. The Panthers do have the Colts former D-Line coach now so maybe he has some inside knowledge on Hooker, which might make the Panthers a possible trading partner, but since the Panthers re-signed Boston and added Juston Burris, I really don't see this happening.

He's never played a full season and he's at the end of his rookie contract. No sense in trading something real for him just to have to pay him if he's not going to be meaningfully better than Burris and Boston. On the other hand there's not much talent in the defensive backfield right now anyway, so if he's cheap (fourth, fifth round pick) then there's probably a way to for him to help.

He has played in at least 13 games the past two seasons so he appears to have normalized health wise. 

This is just like the 49ers right now with Kwon Alexander & Tartt (who I love for us)...it's something that's weighed around value, market availability and contract expectations. 

I'd hop on the Jaquiski Tartt or Hooker train but we'd be putting a lot of $ in the safety group after paying Burris and Boston.  We actually seem primed to draft a guy at the position. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Nah. Panthers need young guys with upside that can be coached, not dudes getting dumped by their former teams because they can't stay healthy

No offense but hooker is like 23 years old and immensely talented. I’d take a shot at him for the right price. 

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I really liked him coming out of college, but some guys just can't catch a break on the injury front. Injuries derail a lot of promising careers. Not that Panthers fans need to be reminded of that.

Like Sam Bowie

Archived