• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas

Jimmy

@Yaboychris28 I work a full time job and OT now the money is hot. ill holla at you this weekend when im off. 

Panthers v Panthers

edit: this was my poo about two weeks after madden dropped  I got called a piece of poo loser for playing as many games as i did by that point   my playing has tapered off since then, but i can still ball  

0895888A-6EDD-4C8D-A3D5-2CB7587AF0DF.thumb.jpeg.7a1e663589304705acf68981afac6432.jpeg

14 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

who knows!? till he starts producing he's not an Olsen..U guys are killing me on these topics!!

Who is an Olsen on the team that you can point to other than Thomas to fill the role?  No one is the answer. So might as well jump on board with our TE1 and hope for the best. He has potential. You're killing me with these replies and no alternative answers.

8 hours ago, KendrickPanther said:

We've been expecting big things from Ian for years now. He had chances with Greg going down and didn't really seize them. I'm curious if the Tight End will be a big part of Joe Brady's offense. Will they focus on what Ian does well and not put him out there for things he doesn't do well? Has Christian McCaffrey's ability to catch the ball diminished our need for a pass catching Tight End?

Years?  He hasn't had the snaps to be someone we have "been expecting things for years now"! Okey Dokey

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Simple topic/thread:

Now that we committed to defense in the draft and offensive weapons in FA the next concern obviously is OL. With that said the TE position is going to be crucial. I believe in Ian and he has the tools to be great (maybe block a little better). He is going to be huge on 3rd down and goaline stances. He needs to really step up this year. Has the potential to be a true breakout player 

I don’t expect much. Hurney said in his interview his perfect draft included a olineman and tight end but the players didn’t fall. Makes me think there isn’t much faith in Ian.

28 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I don’t expect much. Hurney said in his interview his perfect draft included a olineman and tight end but the players didn’t fall. Makes me think there isn’t much faith in Ian.

You're reading too much into that. Our depth level at TE is pretty pathetic if you consider the production coming out of this group. Ian is a servicable piece, but you'd like to have someone who could be a reliable #2 behind him, or push him for #1 time. Drafting a guy this year didn't necessarily mean you were replacing Thomas, but possibly backing him up.

34 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Not sure how much we use tight ends this year. In 2019 the LSU had 5700 passing yards. The tight ends accounted for roughly 700 yards of that. 

That's about 1/6th of the production with an amazing group of WRs to toss the pigskin around too. Not bad all things considered.

10 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

That's about 1/6th of the production with an amazing group of WRs to toss the pigskin around too. Not bad all things considered.

No but with 4 and 5 receiver sets we won't be using TEs that much. Unless CMC is sitting or being used as one of the wideouts. Of course on running plays that might change.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No but with 4 and 5 receiver sets we won't be using TEs that much. Unless CMC is sitting or being used as one of the wideouts. Of course on running plays that might change.

I'd also suggest that it will have to do with personnel. We might use TEs were they would use WRs at LSU last year simply because they had such good WRs compared to the TE position. 

5 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I'd also suggest that it will have to do with personnel. We might use TEs were they would use WRs at LSU last year simply because they had such good WRs compared to the TE position. 

Assuming that our TEs are better than our receivers. I don't think that is the case looking at the roster so far. That could change as free agency unfolds.

Archived