• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas

Jimmy

Simple topic/thread:

Now that we committed to defense in the draft and offensive weapons in FA the next concern obviously is OL. With that said the TE position is going to be crucial. I believe in Ian and he has the tools to be great (maybe block a little better). He is going to be huge on 3rd down and goaline stances. He needs to really step up this year. Has the potential to be a true breakout player 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Simple topic/thread:

Now that we committed to defense in the draft and offensive weapons in FA the next concern obviously is OL. With that said the TE position is going to be crucial. I believe in Ian and he has the tools to be great (maybe block a little better). He is going to be huge on 3rd down and goaline stances. He needs to really step up this year. Has the potential to be a true breakout player 

Yes he does! He's already flashed when Olsen was out in the receiving game but his blocking isn't something I zeroed in on. How good is he as a blocker, pass pro vs run schemes. 

I think he'll get his shot to prove he's ready to emerge as a guy who can hold down the #1 job. Like him or hate him, Teddy spreads the ball around incredibly well. Everyone catching the football this year is going to have plenty of tape to prove that they belong on the field in the following season regardless of who the QB is.

Ian is a guy I'm really excited about this upcoming season. I believe he and Bonnafon are going to get a lot of chances this year to prove they belong as key contributors as the starting TE, and CMC's backup respectively. 

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Seth DeValve is someone many forget about as well.

He will be a great blocker that can make some quick grabs.

Oh God, I can't wait for him to catch a TD and be like: "Oh right, we signed that guy!" :p

I wish I was as invested as I was 10 years ago when I could name every backup and 3rd stringer without blinking. 

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Seth DeValve is someone many forget about as well.

He will be a great blocker that can make some quick grabs.

I'm hoping he beats out manhertz, if there are 2 TEs on the field I want both to have the ability to run routes and catch along with blocking. 

I'm personally not as high on him as most on here seem to be. I know everyone likes to root for the underdogs, but as a 4th round pick, he's a JAG to me until proven otherwise. I don't really expect anything from him and anticipate we draft his replacement next year in round 2 or 3. 

Archived