• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what’s going to happen if a player tests positive during “season”

LegioX

3 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

85k out of 330 million, that’s a 0.0285% death rate. Say you have 20.00 and you lost 0.0285%, you would still have $19.998 left

Sorry, but your math is a little off. To calculate death rate it would be 85K divided by 1.4 million confirmed POSITIVE cases in US. Can't include people who never tested positive or even tested at all. Not trying to bash, just clarifying. 

3 hours ago, LegioX said:

Will everybody be quarantined including teams that they have played? Seems it gonna be a slippery slope if something like this happens if NFL has a season.

Dudes are still beating the piss out of each other in the octagon in the present. Doubt it affects the actual games. Only attendance.

7 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

85k out of 330 million, that’s a 0.0285% death rate. Say you have 20.00 and you lost 0.0285%, you would still have $19.998 left

What a stupid analogy and strange thing to say. How embarrassing for you. 

46 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Don’t trust a word that rat weasel Fauci says. I’m still waiting for Armageddon to happen to Georgia for re opening too early, been nealy 3 weeks now and disaster didn’t ensue

Keep ignoring Fauci and going out there. Natural selection at it's finest.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go ahead and go about life as normal without wearing a mask and no efforts to socially distance. Encourage others to do the same. See what happens.

The reason they don't want to come out and flat out say that we're going to see a lull over the summer because COVID-19 is significantly less contagious in warmer weather is because we NEED that lull to actually happen and to get it we need people not to be idiots. We need people to wears masks and we need them to practice social distancing. If we don't get that lull over the summer, next fall and winter are gonna be ugly. It's kind of like how early on they were saying wearing masks won't help. It was to be able to better secure supplies of masks for healthcare workers who needed them a lot worse than the average person. Unfortunately, that was a mistake. You don't do yourself any favors by telling outright lies like that and while the reasoning behind it was a good strategy (preserve PPE equipment for healthcare workers), the execution of it (flat out lying) wasn't thought out well at all.

You have no idea how bad it will be in the fall. If your reasoning is the cooler weather than look at Australia who is going through their fall from March through May. Their numbers are incredibly low. You have no basis for saying fall and winter will be ugly.

3 minutes ago, CPFanatic said:

You have no idea how bad it will be in the fall. If your reasoning is the cooler weather than look at Australia who is going through their fall from March through May. Their numbers are incredibly low. You have no basis for saying fall and winter will be ugly.

I could point you toward multiple studies that conclude that COVID is much less contagious in warmer temperatures, but that wouldn't matter.

I could point out that cold/flu season (which COVID closely mirrors in terms of optimal temperature for transmission) generally runs from June-September in Australia, but that wouldn't matter either.

Believe what you want to believe, you will anyway. That's the thing about beliefs, data and logic rarely change them because they were never based on that to begin with.

17 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Something also not really mentioned; these players and staff would have to isolate from their families and friends for the entire season. No physical contact with their kids, wives, parents, etc.  not fair. 

And if the season happens with those requirements, older players with families might have more reason to retire instead of playing one more year.  Hello Crabman Winston, new starter of the Saints.

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

This is a terrible opinion. MRSA is not Covid-19. 

if this stuff isn’t under control by September (it won’t be), and they proceed with the season - if a player tests positive, players and teams will be quarantined and they will just end up where the NBA is now. What if Russell Wilson tests positive the night before a game? Also, despite what we are being told by the White House, there aren’t enough tests for everyone (right now) and testing is still an issue. It is unethical and wrong to frivolously test players 5x a week when there are citizens who need those tests. 

I think college football is in serious danger of being cancelled soon, but I do think the NFL is going to push forward and try to play games ultimately to have players testing positive and the season will be suspended or cancelled. 

I don’t see it as an awful comparison but far be it from me to be the judge, jury and executioner. I’m just saying NFL teams will put an emphasis on making the environment as sterile as possible, just as they did with the MRSA breakout. If there’s going to be football that’s about as much as they can do. Maybe I didn’t make that clear enough in my first post. 

42 minutes ago, CPFanatic said:

Please don't compare our/aus response to covid to what the US has rolled out. I hate our pm but he made the tough call mid March and we are only partially lifting some restrictions now. Even with how low the numbers are we have some significant restrictions in place and rumor has they will be for months. 

FInally some footy codes are looking at starting back up with no crowds allowed. Think about the numbers in US vs Aus and still no crowds allowed at the footy? No chance unless US's basically disappear by July. 

Archived