• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?

CanadianCat

Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?

• Kaepernick
    • Newton

1 hour ago, CatTower said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/04/49ers-lose-11th-straight-colin-kaepernick-benched-amid-chicago-snowstorm/ 

"

Colin Kaepernick benched after passing for four yards through three quarters

"

Whatever you say bud

In a fuging snow storm in Chicago on one of the worst coached teams in the league.  The coach that got fired after one season. It doesn’t change the fact that Kaepernick had his best season as a passer that year. Everyone was talking about how different and confident he looked as a passer. Numbers back that up. The tape backs that up. It’s everywhere. You choose to ignore that for “reasons.”

he got blacklisted from the nfl. Choosing to ignore that and post out of context things makes it obvious you have an agenda.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

In a fuging snow storm in Chicago on one of the worst coached teams in the league.  The coach that got fired after one season. It doesn’t change the fact that Kaepernick had his best season as a passer that year. Everyone was talking about how different and confident he looked as a passer. Numbers back that up. The tape backs that up. It’s everywhere. You choose to ignore that for “reasons.”

he got blacklisted from the nfl. Choosing to ignore that and post out of context things makes it obvious you have an agenda.

Telling me that one of his last games as a pro is out of context when replying to someone talking about his last season as a pro shows you are the one with the agenda.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just now, CatTower said:

Telling me that one of his last games as a pro is out of context when replying to someone talking about his last season as a pro shows you are the one with the agenda.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One game dude. In a snowstorm. That is the definition of out of context when someone posts his state line for that season.  

here’s description of the game one week before the game he got benched. fuging weird huh!

Despite San Francisco’s 31–24 loss to Miami, their tenth straight, Kaepernick was close to spectacular, throwing for 296 yards and three touchdowns, while rushing for a stunning 115 yards. He connected with nine different receivers (bonus points if you can name nine different 49ers receivers without Google), including a 35-yard strike to tight end Vance McDonald. There was less hesitation from Kaepernick when it came to decision-making, particularly when opting to turn on the jets. There was no going off the rails on a couple of occasions when his targets missed easy catches or tight end Garrett Celek fumbled away a 16-yard gain at the Dolphins’ 16 on a crucial late drive. 

15 minutes ago, CatTower said:

16-4. All backups would would love to have those stats.

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

One game dude. In a snowstorm. That is the definition of out of context when someone posts his state line for that season.  

here’s description of the game one week before the game he got benched. fuging weird huh!

Despite San Francisco’s 31–24 loss to Miami, their tenth straight, Kaepernick was close to spectacular, throwing for 296 yards and three touchdowns, while rushing for a stunning 115 yards. He connected with nine different receivers (bonus points if you can name nine different 49ers receivers without Google), including a 35-yard strike to tight end Vance McDonald. There was less hesitation from Kaepernick when it came to decision-making, particularly when opting to turn on the jets. There was no going off the rails on a couple of occasions when his targets missed easy catches or tight end Garrett Celek fumbled away a 16-yard gain at the Dolphins’ 16 on a crucial late drive. 

Okay, so let's go to the game after that one in San Francisco against the 3-9 New York Jets.

Kaepernick went 15-26 for 133 yards with a QBR of 26.5.  What excuse do you have for that one?

I think you guys are giving way too much credit to this country. Americans didn't suddenly wake up and realize Kaepernick was protesting for a worthy cause. They either knew it all along after the slew of the many other very public and senseless black murders at the hands of the police (Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, etc etc etc), or they cared more about the "flag" than black lives and still do today. I'd venture to say there's still millions of people who think he's a stupid n-word who disgraced the country by kneeling. A team signing him will alienate as many fans as it might endear. And 4 years away from football is a long time to expect he'll be a significant asset to the team. So where's the benefit? I think he was unfairly blackballed by the league and could have been an upgrade for multiple teams in 2017, but the time to make amends for that was 3 years ago, not now. Cam will get signed first; if Kaep gets more than maybe a single courtesy workout, let alone a contract, I'd be surprised.

Also let's also stop pretending anyone has been seriously endorsing Kaepernick's job prospects. Goodell didn't mention Kaepernick once in his apology video and only said when directly asked about it that he would support Kaepernick in the league if someone signed him. That's it. Most analysts go as far to suggest Kaepernick getting a contract would be a huge symbolic gesture that would solidify the league coming full circle on their position of him from 2016 but very few people are saying he deserves a starter worthy contract today. Just stop.

27 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Kaepernick had his best season as a passer that year. Everyone was talking about how different and confident he looked as a passer. Numbers back that up. The tape backs that up. It’s everywhere. You choose to ignore that for “reasons.”

And, I'm the one with the agenda... lol You don't even try to hide your blatant bias and proceed to call me out for even suggesting otherwise.

kaep.JPG

17 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Okay, so let's go to the game after that one in San Francisco against the 3-9 New York Jets.

Kaepernick went 15-26 for 133 yards with a QBR of 26.5.  What excuse do you have for that one?

Carlos Hyde had 200 yards rushing that game. QBR is a dumb ESPN stat that people on this very site used to bash Cam even during his MVP run. Russell Wilson had a QBR in the 50s in 2016.  Kap also had 470 rushing yards and 2 more tds to add to the stats.

nobody in this argument is saying Kaepernick is an MVP level qb. The point is that he is wayyyyy more than good enough to be in the league. People like you are acting like he is absolute trash and couldn’t compete in the league.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Not this season.

If he doesn't play this season odds (in my opinion) are extremely high he never plays in the NFL again. 

In addition, if he doesn't latch on somewhere before the end of training camp I'd say the odds of Cam playing this season are almost nil.  I just don't see a team bringing him in for game-5 regardless of the situation.

PS....I think Cam gets a look before the other guy.

Archived