• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?

CanadianCat

Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?

• Kaepernick
    • Newton

54 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

BD231B8A-AFA0-4D2A-BFF6-7DB434AC68EF.png

21 games? Ok? lol.

W-L is a team statistic.

Comp pct - hmm means he’s about as good as Andrew Luck.

No one cares about total qbr but espn. 

His statistics show that he would be a very capable backup.

teams that are competitive don't want the distraction, and i hate to call it that because it was truly wrong how long they've excluded him from the conversation. but let's be real, week 1 in his lockerroom all week is going to be talk about what he's going to do for the anthem, every question your team gets is going to be about what they're going to do about what he's going to do for the anthem, etc. there's just a lot of needless non-football stuff that's going to weigh on his teammates. teams that are trying to lose probably don't want the chance that he comes in and plays really well and the team plays inspired football around him and makes more wins than they need. tank culture is real. one thing is for sure though, if the president and commish are saying a team needs to sign you then there's not a single billionaire out there that wouldn't love to be owed a favor by those two and especially in the case of the commish, his ass is riding on it. someone will sign him but they sure as hell better play him if they do, because bless their starting quarterback if he's a backup. he'll be the most unpopular quarterback in the league. the unfair situation that kaep was put in is now going to put a whole room full of teammates into a bad situation and none more than whoever he's splitting the job with. but he needs at least the opportunity because it was wrong he didn't get it before now. it was clearly agenda driven. 

as far as cam goes, he'll find his way somewhere when injuries strike. someone that needs an immediate starter or else have to throw their quarterback of the future to the wolves will take him as a stop gap if they get hit with injuries in the preseason or camp. he doesn't want to take a contract to be a backup because if you do that 1 time, your starting days are likely over. you need at least to be in a competition and there's not a lot of teams out there right now trying to be too bad to make the playoffs and too good to draft top 5. 

1 hour ago, Car123 said:

21 games? Ok? lol.

W-L is a team statistic.

He was bad.  Only way anyone signs him is if it is a PR move

56 minutes ago, Car123 said:

16-4, 90.7 qb rating. Great backup qb.

And it’s more like 18-4 total td/int. 2700 total yards in 11 games. People like to leave out rushing stats for mobile qbs. It’s part of their game. Anyone claiming he sucks has an agenda. 

i know ppl don’t like to extrapolate games and I get it but he was looking at 4K total yards and 22 tds. This was on a terrible team with no name receivers. That doesn’t suck. 

15 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

And it’s more like 18-4 total td/int. 2700 total yards in 11 games. People like to leave out rushing stats for mobile qbs. It’s part of their game. Anyone claiming he sucks has an agenda. 

i know ppl don’t like to extrapolate games and I get it but he was looking at 4K total yards and 22 tds. This was on a terrible team with no name receivers. That doesn’t suck. 

I don't think anyone is saying Kaepernick isn't good enough to be a backup if he was still at the level when he left the game.  The point is that he was offered a backup job and he didn't want it, then went on his podium to say the reason he wasn't getting a starter job was due to racism. 

I'd say he was in between a #20-#30 best starting QB in 2016.  Teams don't care to develop guys like that after they've been in the league for awhile without much improvement, especially when it's a running QB that is going to lose that ability as he ages.  

His numbers aren't that impressive either since he played way very conservative.  At less than 200 yards thrown a game, he obviously didn't have the ability to stretch the field.

At the end of the day, he was a below average starting QB in 2016.  He likely has lost any running ability due to his age and would be a solid backup at best.  He can make much more money for his cause by just citing racism and refusing to take the backup job.  A normal guy in his position would be a backup somewhere and wait for a shot. 

5 hours ago, Car123 said:

21 games? Ok? lol.

W-L is a team statistic.

V9y3EcE.gif

colin.JPG

luck.JPG

15 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Compare his stats to backup qbs.

Kaepernick opted out of his 49ers contract.

He refused a trade to the Broncos due to not wanting to take a paycut.

Given a tryout with Baltimore and his girlfriend tweeted out a Django meme insinuating Ray Lewis was a slave.

Could've been with Miami(large Cuban population) but he wore a Fidel Castro shirt.

I get not wanting to be a company man, but he definitely didn't make it easy to sign him.

46 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Given a tryout with Baltimore and his girlfriend tweeted out a Django meme insinuating Ray Lewis was a slave.

Could've been with Miami(large Cuban population) but he wore a Fidel Castro shirt.

I get not wanting to be a company man, but he definitely didn't make it easy to sign him.

This needs repeated every few days for the people who want to know why no team has hire him along with the NFL has blackballed him.

I used to remember a few more to add this list; lost job to blaine gabbert..... and wore pig cop socks....... lost around 25 LBs of muscle going vegan..... did not vote for anyone while complaining about most things......Now hating on cops is soooo hottttt currently, so that maybe a plus for some teams/people.

All that happen and he didnt want to take 700,000$ backup contract, but blamed kneeing. Colin needs to look in mirror for the reason he isnt on a team. Years have passed also, hes more into talking rather than playing. Why put out effort and sweat when you can talk about hot topics and get paid? In the end got what he truly wanted- money.

51 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Is his stats as good as the average NFL backup?

Cam for sure. He still wants to play and still has a lot of offer. As for Kap, that dude couldn't care less about playing. He just likes the spotlight. Teams have showed interest in him in the past, but he said no because he wanted more money or wanted to be a starter. Bro, you have to earn that and you've been out of the game far too long to be asking for more money. The entitlement from this guy.

Archived