• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton "Nobody Called Me....They Sent a Text"

PantherBoy95

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

In 2020 is it remotely possible that anyone who owns a pro sports team of any kind is oblivious to the fact that professional athletes sometimes have expansive personalities?

If I am paying a qb 20+ million dollars a year to lead my team on the field in an insanely competitive league, close to the top of the list of things I couldn’t possibly give two yak poops about has got to be what he wears to the freaking press conference. People keep lumping this in as a negative against him in the same breathe with things like his injuries and hiding them etc. that are actually relevant factors to consider. Why they insist on doing so is a complete mystery to me.

We ALL know why they insist on doing so...

22 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Tepper had a chance to prove he wasn’t a prick.  All it would have taken was a phone call.   He failed.  Not the first time and won’t be the last 

I dont understand why Tepper needed to make the call. If anyone it should be the GM.

We all help poo on the teams where the owner is overly involved but then we get pissed when we dont think Tepper is involved enough..

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

I dont understand why Tepper needed to make the call. If anyone it should be the GM.

We all help poo on the teams where the owner is overly involved but then we get pissed when we dont think Tepper is involved enough..

I would have expected both. And face to face. edit: with social distancing of course.

42 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

I would have expected both. And face to face. edit: with social distancing of course.

But why?

Why is it important that the owner is there? I guess the crux of the question is, should Tepper be expected to do this for EVERY player? Obviously the answer is no as its not reasonable. 

I also dont know why we as fans care how one individual is let go when we dont care about the 99% of others.  

The key question:  Cam wanted a commitment (Money).  You know the team had access to medical experts, charts, files, etc. They passed on Cam.  The rest of the NFL (some teams without a proven QB) passed on Cam.  So why did so many teams pass on Cam Newton?  Do you really think it was the hats he wore during interviews?  No, but trust this--teams will put up with a lot if they win---they obviously did not think that Cam could win.   Look at the players who got more money:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

Cam's price dropped dramatically and he was still not signed.  Maybe he will be fine, but for how long?  1-year, vet min, "Prove it" deals are not exactly votes of confidence.   In other words, nobody--not 1 of 32 teams committed to Cam.   Don't get upset with those who see this and post it--do not get upset with Marty or Tepper---I am thankful we did not give Cam a $140m deal.  Blame Rivera.

And I am not Captain Hindsight--I was saying it since 2011--Cam was being used because RR did not know how to use him.  RR was living for the moment--the instincts of a player--which is why they are not usually the best game managers.

Rivera ruined Cam and is off to make another carcass in DC.

4 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

When some people die they lie in state in the U.S. capital rotunda. 

I was going to do this myself but it turns out that I’d have to not only do something noteworthy in service to my country but I have to agree to die on certain dates cause they’re all booked up.

They did say that they have an opening next spring if I could possibly die on a Tuesday, but I already checked with my florist and that wouldn’t work for the funeral bouquets.

FML.

Archived