• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chinn may have the best rookie year of drafted DBs..

Tepper's Chest Hair

Ouch. I didn't realize that Delpit ruptured his Achilles. The ACL gets all the attention, but the Achilles is a far more devastating injury to come back from. Most guys come back a shadow of their former selves. Trying to come back from that injury as a rookie... man, that sucks. I wasn't super high on him already, but his career may have been derailed before he ever really had a chance to show what he might be able to truly do at the NFL level.

2 hours ago, carhartt said:

Chinn needs to add another 15-20 lbs to be a LB. What is the obsession on having Chinn play LB? I don’t want a Haason Reddick 2.0? Chinn was drafted to play safety. Play the kid at safety and leave him alone!

Not an obsession, it's where he has been playing in camp.  We are good at safety, so playing him at LB this year in Shaqs role makes sense.

6 hours ago, Julio said:

Did we forget Jeff Okudah was drafted? 

AFAIK its not even known for sure Okudah will be Lions week 1 starter.  As of last Sunday there was still serious doubt if he'd be ready to start.

https://sidelionreport.com/2020/09/02/detroit-lions-jeff-okudah-starting-concern/

13 hours ago

So for me, it’s still a little discouraging that Jeff Okudah hasn’t come out and at least made it perfectly clear he belongs above Amani Oruwariye and/or Desmond Trufant on the depth chart out the gate. Nothing against either of the other two, they just didn’t cost a third overall pick for their services.

Still … with the 2020 restrictions – not starting Week 1 would be a red flag, but not a real cause for concern, yet.

Archived