• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk D Line

jb2288

I’m not sure what to think here. Brown looked good to great and did his job well. I know being a top 10 pick everyone wants to see stats, but if we can get an interior run lane clogger for the next 10 years I’m happy. Weatherly (sp?) looked fine for what we pay him. KK and Burns... where the hell were they? KK was non existent. Maybe I just missed Burns but he didn’t really seem to ever stick out or make a play. Didnt hear Gross name called much either. Obada seemed to be our best DE today, which is not reassuring. Did we even get a sack today? Man I hope we cut ties with KK when it makes sense financially 

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

starting be very concerned about burns...he needs to be making a lot more plays

I’m scared he doesn’t fit this D. I don’t know enough about Snow but it’s definitely possible he doesn’t translate to anything more than a situational pass rusher. Hopefully I’m wrong 

Burns was being manhandled by bigger linemen today, his speed wasn't paying off.

The Raiders O-line was as advertised and one of the best in the league in many opinions. Let's see how he does next week. They may need to get some stunts going to get him free. Too many times he went to the line and got locked onto. 

15 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

I'm not sure about Burns being a traditional 4-3 DE the defense we ran last season was more suitable to his strengths.

Our defense was atrocious on the edges today. 

-

Yeah agreed. Still even in pass rushing downs he looked like a non factor. Hopefully just takes him a few games to adjust 

42 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Since we're in a rebuild I wouldn't mind if Marty made a few phone calls to see what 3-4 teams might be willing to offer for Burns. If I were HC of a 3-4 team I might have my GM make a call to the Panthers.

I wouldn't mind this either. Would rather see if anyone would take KK off our hands, but couldn't hurt to just see what value he'd bring

Just now, jb2288 said:

I wouldn't mind this either. Would rather see if anyone would take KK off our hands, but couldn't hurt to just see what value he'd bring

I think it would be pretty easy to find 3-4 teams interested in Burns, but KK is another matter. I don't know who would want him.

I wouldnt be quick to judge Burns off this game. I can almost guarantee double digit sacks by the end of the season. Esp. If his snap count is high. 

If you watched, he was a step away from a sack and possible strip sack twice. The problem was Carr releasing the ball in 2 seconds every play. 

Only players that went unnoticed imo were YGM and KK Short. YGM is a rook so he gets the benefit of the doubt and I'd expect Short plans to redeem himself against Tampa. He was literally non-existent. 

Archived