• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PlayStation 5

onmyown

Pre orders started yesterday and ended today. They’re commanding ridiculous prices on eBay...anywhere from $1-10k.

I was lucky enough to grab 2. I’m not much of a reseller but honestly can’t afford one for myself without selling one for a profit. Took me about 7 hours fighting glitches and bots until 1 AM last night to get one. Randomly got lucky with Walmart today.

Anyways I’m pretty excited, but honestly I can understand people wanting to wait. The game lineup is not great, the only game I care about is Cyberpunk and might as well play it on a PS4 since it’s not exclusive. Also don’t blame people want the the bugs to be worked out first.

But in a time where a lot of us are stuck at home I feel it will be an entertaining and distracting investment.

Anyone else able to snag one?

I am convinced the economy is not that bad if the supply and demand for a PS5 is this incredible.

Aside from the PS5, if people have the money to pay $50 a month to Onlyfans, just to watch some girl cook eggs and pet cats, then is the economy really so bad off? Bella Thorne made over $1 million on her first day, perfect way to greenlight the government to tax and regulate sites like that now.

2 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

I am convinced the economy is not that bad if the supply and demand for a PS5 is this incredible.

Aside from the PS5, if people have the money to pay $50 a month to Onlyfans, just to watch some girl cook eggs and pet cats, then is the economy really so bad off? Bella Thorne made over $1 million on her first day, perfect way to greenlight the government to tax and regulate sites like that now.

I mean I wouldn’t exactly judge an economy on the sales of the PS5. I don’t know exact numbers but don’t even think a million or so were preordered. Doubling that to 2 million, that’s about .6% of Americans. I wouldn’t say the economy is great because 1 out of 200+ people can afford a PS5.

Not only that, Sony released preorders for specific countries first. An article suggested as much as 15% of preorders in from USA companies did not com from Americans.

I wouldn’t consider myself of one of these 200 people like bigcat, but I’m not doing terrible either. I’m not one to judge though, my field/profession is not affected like others by COVID. I don’t believe it’s doomsday depression status right now. Doesn’t mean it couldn’t be. Doesn’t mean it isn’t already for some people.

People are taking out 84 month loans to “buy” a car...it’s tantamount to slavery, and should be illegal. A 7 freaking year loan for a car! Blows my mind, unless you get it for 0%.

im sure there’s a way to buy a new console at a high interest rate...

Schools should really teach about this stuff. It’s a crippling vicious circle, and usually for those who are most vulnerable 

5 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

People are taking out 84 month loans to “buy” a car...it’s tantamount to slavery, and should be illegal. A 7 freaking year loan for a car! Blows my mind, unless you get it for 0%.

im sure there’s a way to buy a new console at a high interest rate...

Schools should really teach about this stuff. It’s a crippling vicious circle, and usually for those who are most vulnerable 

True! They are usually upside-down by year three for value.

I think that insurance companies are a MUCH bigger scam. Pay $200 a month for six years and then when you are in an accident, home repair, etc, you have to pay a deductible of $1000 or me. WTF are they doing with the $200 I gave them for six years, for no reason at all? Spending it on all the insane amount of commercials I am bombarded with?

I can't believe how crazy it's been trying to get one's hands on either new console.  

Then again, I have my Xbox One X that does just fine on the rare occasion I have time to game.  I have no problem sitting this out for a bit until we can see what the value is over the next couple of years while older systems are still supported.

Though I am tempted to trade my OG xbox for a Series S to get the price to $200...  So tempting as 90% of my games are digital purchases or game pass.

Speaking of what this says about the economy:  the OP can't get $500/$400 together so he has to sell one at an inflated price to afford his original.  I'm not judging @onmyown, because that's the system in place, by all means, use it to your advantage.

Without getting TinderBoxy, I will say that the current events of 2020 have not helped anything.  People have been home more, playing more games, and there is a much higher demand for gaming gear because we've been shut in so long.  People just want to escape, and there are few things as satisfying as taking all the little plastic sheets off new tech before you get to experience your upgrade.

So the launch has been a very 2020 style event...lol

Seeing that my PS4 has basically become a Madden machine for the last few years, I'll be waiting since this year's Madden sounds like an utter trainwreck. I used to love stuff like Red Dead, but I grabbed Red Dead 2 and hardly ever played it. With a kid I just don't have hours on end to get into those types of games anymore. I like Madden because I can knock out a game or two and then it off.

With Winter approaching, I'll be indoors a lot more soon.

Not getting a 5, but are there any games out there kinda under the radar that are fun?  I don't do online play, pretty much just story mode.

I like buying them a couple years old for cheap and if it's not good, just don't play it again.

Archived