• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room: first quarter passing/formations

ellis

Hey guys. Hope all is well. 

I’m breaking down the tape quarter by quarter on this game, but I can tell you already from the first two weeks: Joe Brady is passing out of 12 personnel quite a bit. This is one reason you’re not seeing Samuel with a lot of targets. It’s been effective, I will say that.

Interesting concepts, some of which is straight from Sean Payton’s schematics. 

39 minutes ago, Rags said:

Good stuff Ellis.

This thread won't get a lot of replies because it won't poo on players in favor of drafting Lawrence. 

E: Really thought we'd see more 3/4 wide esp given how our TEs are meh. Maybe Njoku a target next season?

We are using up to five receivers but they aren't all wide receivers. We want to run the same formation but use different plays so we will keep in TEs and running backs and use them like receivers. Hopefully the defense can't predict what we are going to do 

I like that he generally gets the ball out quick, that helps a very suspect line looks somewhat passable.

I hope we'll see more plays FOR the TE's if we continue to use two so often.

If we even want to compete this year, Teddy cannot turn the ball over like that.  A super shaky defense and a short field will lead to blowouts.  Real, actual blowouts.  So far, we've been in a one score game in the fourth quarter twice.  That's competitive, which should be our only expectation this season.

Six weeks from now, when CMC is back, we need to be starting to win some of these and we need to not give up at any point.

Archived