• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule wants to win

Jeremy Igo

I agree..... UNTIL they are mathematically eliminated form the playoffs. Then I want to lose every game possible, play young guys and dont make it obvious with play calls. Start planning towards next year and that begins with securing a better draft slot in each round. It does 0 good since each year there is a near 40% player turnover rate, beyond dumb to win a week 17 matchup. 

For all the derpa-derp crowd on "good players can be found every round later", you are wrong. Teams would be trading back instead of forward, if you dont understand that see a doctor. 

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agree..... UNTIL they are mathematically eliminated form the playoffs. Then I want to lose every game possible, play young guys and dont make it obvious with play calls. Start planning towards next year and that begins with securing a better draft slot in each round. It does 0 good since each year there is a near 40% player turnover rate, beyond dumb to win a week 17 matchup. 

For all the derpa-derp crowd on "good players can be found every round later", you are wrong. Teams would be trading back instead of forward, if you dont understand that see a doctor. 

They were mathematically eliminated the moment Luke retired and they cut Cam.

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Even if we are not technically eliminated but are sitting at say 1-9, I think it's time to play the younger guys. You have to think beyond this season. You need to see what guys can do in real games vs preseason and TC. I know no athlete wants to play to lose but sometimes it's more about the team than the individual.

Now if only we had a GM that could effectively build a roster...

3 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

How many have won Super Bowls? I think there’s 10 guys that won with their original team and started. Hell Brady’s won 6 himself, he was drafted to be a backup.

Aikman 

Terry Bradshaw 

Did Plunkett start with the Raiders?

Cam got there.

Elway since he was a draft and trade.

Guess you can count one Manning and the other did win with his team.

Bledsoe got there.

Do I need to keep going?

2 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

They were mathematically eliminated the moment Luke retired and they cut Cam.

I got them at 3-13 so I understand not wanting to win. Still who knows in this crazy year, if they keep getting better and nfc south becomes trash..... miracle playoffs bid could happen. Then anything gos in the playoffs. No one knows the future, no one. Less than .0000076923% percent chance. I mean people are feeling the effects form a win in which everything went the panthers way, we'll see after this zona game where they are. Hell like I said, I WANT TO WIN.  

Patriots, Steelers, Packers & even the Seahawks & the Ravens to an extent have been in the top echelon of teams for a while, and funny thing is they don't get top picks as a result of their continued success. We can do the same thing. It's not necessarily the top pick or a top 10 pick, or even a top 20 pick in some cases, you just have to make the right pick pertaining to a QB (& others).

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Even if we are not technically eliminated but are sitting at say 1-9, I think it's time to play the younger guys. You have to think beyond this season. You need to see what guys can do in real games vs preseason and TC. I know no athlete wants to play to lose but sometimes it's more about the team than the individual.

Now if only we had a GM that could effectively build a roster...

I agree, very very rare case that a 1-9 is playoff picture is alive. I mean be real if they are playoff contention at 5-8 and have the worst luck during week of practice. They lose Teddy, CMC, Anderson, Moore, Brown, Chinn, Moton to injuries that may be time to start planning ahead for next year too. 

Its the 100% correct method- no matter the players feeling, tradition, or weird unwritten rules.     

7 minutes ago, Panthers will Rhule said:

I’m actually incorrect. Rhule didn’t say it before the season. I think it was actually after the loss to Oakland. Rhule said it’s not about winning or losing. Just want to see the guys play hard. That to me is, hey guys we’re rebuilding. 

He never says that in the video you showed.  He says he wants the players to have a winning mindset and that they are building towards that.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Patriots, Steelers, Packers & even the Seahawks & the Ravens to an extent have been in the top echelon of teams for a while, and funny thing is they don't get top picks as a result of their continued success. We can do the same thing. It's not necessarily the top pick or a top 10 pick, or even a top 20 pick, you just have to make the right pick pertaining to a QB.

They all have elite HOF QBs.

Quit talking about miracle outliers when it comes to us finding a QB.

We had our Miracle with Jake. How many more do you think we will find?

Archived