• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL's most passing yards in a half this season.

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, rico6 said:

I’m mocking the notion that Teddy has “haters” I simply see posters acknowledging that the guy is limited and plays in an EXTREMELY form fitting, tailor made offense that plays to his strengths and doesn’t dare him to step outside of it. Which is ok. 

Give or take a few Teddy Shitwaters he’s been well received. 

the people most insulting to teddy bridgewater have consistently been the ones infantilizing teddy, losing their minds over 2 yard passes. it’s ok guys, he’s an adult. he can face criticism.

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

you’re one of the dorks that bought into the kyle allen hype talking about “the emergence of kyle allen” lol

Yea I was tired of Cam and his losing streak thought Kyle played ok for a few games. Teddy the truth though, Hurney looking like a genius, oline looking better with his quick release, enjoying it all. 

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I am not nor have ever been a 'TB hater' and my stance has always been that he's a good player, just not a game-changer. I and many others have not once 'crucified Teddy' nor do I take away credit he deserves for his play so I suggest you re-read what I actually wrote, remove your own bias that may be present, and check your own response for bad faith.

To be completely fair, you and a couple of the other doubters like Varking really only take some of the more bombastic takes or attempt to invalidate Teddy's play when folks are coming after y'all off the rip over the criticism. However, in the very post where you attempt to proclaim your neutrality you then refute that by further attempts to explain away Teddy's success based on contributions by others.

Don't get me wrong, this is a team game and every player's execution affects their teammate in the field in some way, shape, or form. To make sure to go out of the way to bring it up though so as not to give credit to another player? That's as bad as folks trying to say that Cam was a bad QB because of his passing yards outside of his first two season with the team.

I can get not being sold. Hell, I'll be the first to admit that Teddy's deep ball isn't top 10 in the NFL, but the idea that he can't throw deep that some like to harp on? Craaazy stuff there. If folks that are supportive of Teddy and the team can acknowledge his shortcomings without redirecting blame, those that aren't can acknowledge his successes without attempting to explain it away.

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

To be completely fair, you and a couple of the other doubters like Varking really only take some of the more bombastic takes or attempt to invalidate Teddy's play when folks are coming after y'all off the rip over the criticism. However, in the very post where you attempt to proclaim your neutrality you then refute that by further attempts to explain away Teddy's success based on contributions by others.

Don't get me wrong, this is a team game and every player's execution affects their teammate in the field in some way, shape, or form. To make sure to go out of the way to bring it up though so as not to give credit to another player? That's as bad as folks trying to say that Cam was a bad QB because of his passing yards outside of his first two season with the team.

I can get not being sold. Hell, I'll be the first to admit that Teddy's deep ball isn't top 10 in the NFL, but the idea that he can't throw deep that some like to harp on? Craaazy stuff there. If folks that are supportive of Teddy and the team can acknowledge his shortcomings without redirecting blame, those that aren't can acknowledge his successes without attempting to explain it away.

I have no idea what you are even talking about at this point. 

9 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

the people most insulting to teddy bridgewater have consistently been the ones infantilizing teddy, losing their minds over 2 yard passes. it’s ok guys, he’s an adult. he can face criticism.

GJBC *criticizes* TB over two yard passes, It's too bad you're post history was deleted bumping you're crap fest responses to people who *criticized* CM for throwing game losing INTs in five of his last ten starts as a Panther.

18 minutes ago, rico6 said:

I’m mocking the notion that Teddy has “haters” I simply see posters acknowledging that the guy is limited and plays in an EXTREMELY form fitting, tailor made offense that plays to his strengths and doesn’t dare him to step outside of it. Which is ok. 

Give or take a few Teddy Shitwaters he’s been well received. 

tbf the people that were super happy we brought in Teddy so we could lose for Lawrence were, in a form, Teddy Haters too.  as are the people pissed that he isn't shitting the bed so bad we won't get their golden child.  but Teddy has b een overall well received here for sure.

Just now, mav1234 said:

tbf the people that were super happy we brought in Teddy so we could lose for Lawrence were, in a form, Teddy Haters too.  as are the people pissed that he isn't shitting the bed so bad we won't get their golden child.  but Teddy has b een overall well received here for sure.

I’m still of the camp that believe Teddy is Alex Smith at best in this scenario. Especially considering how long Brady is employed and if the heir apparent is already on the roster or not.

It’s definitely gonna be interesting how it all plays out, but with the large amount of suck in the league, tanking is off the table at this point.

Just now, rico6 said:

I’m still of the camp that believe Teddy is Alex Smith at best in this scenario. Especially considering how long Brady is employed and if the heir apparent is already on the roster or not.

It’s definitely gonna be interesting how it all plays out, but with the large amount of suck in the league, tanking is off the table at this point.

I think you are probably right about Teddy being comparable to a Reid-coached Smith.  I thought this might be the kind of complete-game performance from Teddy many of us have been waiting for, and it was definitely good enough to beat this Falcons team... But I personally this his last game was overall better.  I think we can ride pretty high with him but he isn't going to single-handledly win us many games, it seems.  Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if the right QB is available this draft or next, we pick him up. 

Feb 2021.   Teddy Bridgewater wins the Super Bowl for the Panthers. 

Panthers fans:  "He just throws the high efficiency pass"...  "Our receivers have YAC that's all it is"  ...  "anyone could've won the Super Bowl for the Panthers this year" ...  "yards don't count" ... "Panthers were favored to win the SB anyway" ... "I wonder who we can trade to get Trevor Lawrence?"

Archived