• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two games without a sack - Okung: Who would want to hit that guy?

mav1234

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What you know in Week 5 is often no longer true by Week 16.

I have nothing against Okung, but I'm just never a fan of making long-term decisions based on short-term results. And keep in mind that even in the short term, he's missed two games.

It's not his skill that worries me. It's his durability.

If he misses extensive time this season, sure. 

However, would you pay to have Terron Armstead, Lane Johnson or Trent Williams?

As to the Okung trade, from what I recall the word was that we were shopping Turner at the combine. The Chargers popped up and offered Okung, and our former Charger OL Coach on staff was on board with the idea.

From what I've seen of the story, it wasn't so much that we were targeting Okung as it was we're just trying to get somebody to take Turner (probably for picks rather than a player).

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd prefer using a high draft pick.

This. Atm LT would be my biggest priority for next year’s draft, followed by interior o line. If we really do have our Qb for the foreseeable future, let’s not make the same mistake we made with Cam and neglect investing draft capital in his protection.

We have two good olineman.

Panthers oline might justhave the easiest job in the NFL with a non scrambling accurate qb with a quick release - yet they still rank average/below average.

Also ATL defense is absolute trash.

but I can say they are seemingly gelling better lately. Still scared to see them up against the bears next week. That’ll tell us what they’re about. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If the alternative is Greg Little, i'm for it.

With that said, we really do need a left tackle of the future.

My gut tells me that the team is going to see more of Little/Scott at LT next year. :(

Hopefully Little keeps developing though. He's got the toolkit, just needs to be able to use it.

Archived