• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Afternoon Games 10/11

mav1234

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't necessarily think that's a pansy thing.

I do think it's a stupid thing. You get that caught on something and you could get hurt.

It’s called de-gloving when a ring does that to a finger. It’s a brutal injury that can happen to anyone wearing a wedding ring. 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Has there been previous injuries in the nfl from this?

No clue. Don’t know if it’s ever happened in nfl. It’s a grotesque, painful injury though. It happened to Jimmy Fallon. The ring gets caught on something and slides off taking the top layer of your finger skin with it. I wear a rubber wedding band. 

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Agreed, blatant head shot there shouldn't be any wiggle room on that.

Quandry Diggs did the same thing against New England and was ejected.  Only difference was the angle of the hit.  Diggs was head on, Flowers came in from a slightly less dangerous angle.  But still leading with the helmet to helmet when the defender could have backed off.

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Has there been previous injuries in the nfl from this?

There was a guy who lost a finger a few years ago (he took off his glove and one of his fingers went with it) but I don't know if that had anything to do with a ring.

I've seen a few stories of guys playing basketball and getting their ring caught on the rim, but I don't know that anything like that ever happened at the pro level.

I'm not really a ring/jewelry guy anyway, but if I were playing in the NFL, I definitely wouldn't wear anything like that during a game.

(Michael Crabtree has a story or two about why)

Archived