• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

Is it commonplace in the NFL for players to get in the refs ear as the game goes on when the zebras are missing holds and penalties?

Like in the NBA, the player-ref dynamic is somewhat friendly and often see side convos between them letting them know that the player is being held or a certain opposing player is getting away with something.

I know coaches do in the NFL, but wonder if players kindly suggest the refs to open their eyes a bit more. 

Other issue being that the NFL league wide is allowing a lot more holds to not be called this year, which is a problem when you have a mountain of a DT getting held all game. 

17 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

We shoulda kept Star. I like KK and see that he’s still far more effective than he gets credit for around here, but if we had to choose between the two, we chose wrong. I was quite disappointed when we let him walk. 

There's been talk that Star didn't want to stay here.

Why? Don't know.

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

His PFF rating is low 50s, which is terrible. He’s also only got 6 tackles in 5 games. If a top 10 DE against the run is 0 TFLs in 5 games and 1.2 tackles per game then I’m puzzled. He got to the QB 1 time, other than that he hasn’t done anything above just making a tackle past the line of scrimmage.

Dont use PFF unless its for a player youre never seen play before. Hes playing fine for his role. I say that with watching the DL in all games. 

6 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

You all have got to stop using PFF as the lone determinant of who is good or not. Listen to coaches and players. 

You’ve got to start adding something to the discussion. Have you thought Weatherly has been good? He’s got 3 solo tackles, 1 QB hit, no sacks, no FF,  no FR, no PDs and no TFLs.

Top 10 DE stopping the run isn’t 3 solo tackles and no TFLs in 5 games.

He’s started all 5 and played two thirds of the snaps at DE. Haynes, YGM and Obaba in half the snaps have had more impact.

Sorry, there’s nothing I’ve seen from him to put him in any top 10 list. PFF has it right. He’s been very sub par. We need a healthy Burns and YGM to have our best defense out there. Weatherly looks like a backup/rotational guy.

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Dont use PFF unless its for a player youre never seen play before. Hes playing fine for his role. I say that with watching the DL in all games. 

He’s OK. I was responding to someone saying he heard he’s a top 10 run stopping DE. 3 solo tackles and no TFLs is not enough production to be top 10. The DL looked much better against Atlanta when Burns and YGM were playing. When they went out, there was a clear drop off. Weatherly’s been below average for us and he’s the starter playing as much as Burns. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You’ve got to start adding something to the discussion. Have you thought Weatherly has been good? He’s got 3 solo tackles, 1 QB hit, no sacks, no FF,  no FR, no PDs and no TFLs.

Top 10 DE stopping the run isn’t 3 solo tackles and no TFLs in 5 games.

He’s started all 5 and played two thirds of the snaps at DE. Haynes, YGM and Obaba in half the snaps have had more impact.

Sorry, there’s nothing I’ve seen from him to put him in any top 10 list. PFF has it right. He’s been very sub par. We need a healthy Burns and YGM to have our best defense out there. Weatherly looks like a backup/rotational guy.

Have you seen what other top DE get as far as solo tackles, PDs, etc? Please keep in mind hes being rotated.

Archived