• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gordon Hayward signs with Charlotte 4 years/120M

Proudiddy

2 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

I hope we get Cousins if we are not trying to get a high draft pick. 

how much do we have left in cap room?

if we had close to $20mil in space:
Waive Batum's $27mil ($47 in space) and stretch it over 3 years which will be $9mil @ year bring us to $38mil
then we sign Hayward for $30mil = $8mil left?? am i doing the math correctly?

If we still have around $8mil - then Harry Giles III should be doable.. I think Cousins would just not be what we want to do.. we want to run and gun and Boogie would slow things down in the halfcourt.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Not mad at signing Hayward (we needed a vet with Marvin gone) but the Batum part sucks!!

I'm really seeing this as us moving Miles and I love Miles and wanted to see him this season on fast breaks with Melo..

PG- Graham - Ball
SG- Rozier - Monk
SF- Hayward - Martin
PF- Bridges - McD
C- Washington - Zeller

I think Bridges at the 4 and PJ at the 5 would work, especially in today's NBA.. kept them in the weight room a bit and they should be good.. Bridges has always been a tweener at the SF position..

1 minute ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

PG- Graham - Ball
SG- Rozier - Monk
SF- Hayward - Martin
PF- Bridges - McD
C- Washington - Zeller

I think Bridges at the 4 and PJ at the 5 would work, especially in today's NBA.. kept them in the weight room a bit and they should be good.. Bridges has always been a tweener at the SF position..

A 6'8 center?? That didn't work with the best scorer in the league in Houston... 

What's best for this team and Miles is using him Terry and maybe Cody to get a vet C and more draft assets...

25 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

They are currently trying to move Zeller, Rosier and Graham. Also still going after Westbrook from a report I just saw in twitter

Cant see any way to get the Westbrook salary into our cap situation.  That move is dead now.

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Cant see any way to get the Westbrook salary into our cap situation.  That move is dead now.

If they move Rozier, Zeller, Graham and Monk out to the Clippers and Houston they can make it work. 

Also the Batum being waived isn't completely official yet. Charlotte still talking with Boston on a sign and trade. 

7 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

If they move Rozier, Zeller, Graham and Monk out to the Clippers and Houston they can make it work. 

Also the Batum being waived isn't completely official yet. Charlotte still talking with Boston on a sign and trade. 

Sounds like Twitter bs to be honest.  Moving those 4 guys for Westbrook would be ridiculously dumb.

On paper, the basketball fit of this move is fantastic. We needed a 3 that could shoot and also gets Bridges coming off the bench at the 4 which I truly feel is his best position. We needed a player like Hayward to balance out our lineup and it really does look fantastic. 

Now, the question marks are huge. You all mentioned them. Injury history and money. 

We were scraping our way out of cap hell and boom right back strapped again. The only difference is that we have some youth on rookie contracts and a potential for growth which is nice. 

I really would have liked to stay the course and use cap to take on bad contracts and get some extra assets, but maybe there weren't many good options out there? 

However you all feel I am really excited about next year. I know most of you have given up on Monk, but for me I can't wait to see the young guns take the court with Hayward. 

Give me Ball, Monk, Hayward, Miles & PJ at least once next year and I will be happy. 

I guess I don't get this sign and trade junk.  If Boston takes back Batum to get some trade exception fine but why in the hell would the Hornets give them any fuggin thing otherwise?  WTF...Hayward is ours period.  Fug Boston.

And if a three team deal cost us Rozier for a protected first then fine.  Better be Clevelands (or a bad teams) first though.

Archived