• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Theres two common denominators for three years of collapses

RumHam

Tepper and hurney. Nothing can be done about tepper, this might just be the norm going forward. But something can be done about hurney. And needs to quickly. Maybe we stumble on a franchise qb today, but doubtful. No film on him, much like allen last year. We all know why this roster is the way it is.

The common denominator is we still have leftovers from a broken and battered Ron Rivera era. It takes time to fix culture and coaching. Ron was a great dude but he was bad at player development. We can’t just dump every guy they had and start fresh. It takes time. We also need an influx of talent. You don’t lose a Luke and a Bradberry and get dramatically better without them. 

This coaching staff has us way more competitive than we should be. I have faith. 

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

The common denominator is we still have leftovers from a broken and battered Ron Rivera era. It takes time to fix culture and coaching. Ron was a great dude but he was bad at player development. We can’t just dump every guy they had and start fresh. It takes time. We also need an influx of talent. You don’t lose a Luke and a Bradberry and get dramatically better without them. 

This coaching staff has us way more competitive than we should be. I have faith. 

Yessir.

To add to that, how does a team with limited talent that most expected to win four games or less "collapse?"  Unless such a team starts out 8-1, even if they finish 8-8, was it a "collapse" or did they just "come down to earth?"

IMO, Hurney is six feet of man standing in 14 feet of water as a GM, and I am hoping the last chapter in that saga is written pretty soon, too.  But to equate this year with the last two, when there were some expectations based on the roster, is nonsense.

This fan base suffers from far too much short term thinking.

28 minutes ago, hepcat said:

This team hasn’t made the playoffs with Hurney as the GM since 2008 I really do think it’s time for him to be let go permanently 

I’m okay with him being a first round draft pick consultant but that’s it. 

Hurney yes

Tepper jury is still out, but there is evidence that he's done more good than bad

Rhule looks like a homerun hire, I just hope his message doesn't wear thin after a few seasons 

The biggest thing was Cam being injured, he was our franchise 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Hopefully we see a dolphins like turnaround next season and get a QB in the 1st round we can build around. Bridgewater is a great guy to hand over the reins to a talented rookie that can throw the ball more than 10 yards

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Hopefully we see a dolphins like turnaround next season and get a QB in the 1st round we can build around. Bridgewater is a great guy to hand over the reins to a talented rookie that can throw the ball more than 10 yards

I agree 

Archived