• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what was with the game management late yesterday?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, WoahW said:

Lol not shocking to see this thread.

Outside of the drive before the muffed punt where they should have ran the ball more coaching wasn’t bad.

Cousins has been lights out all year in the 4th, and to say the play call was late when Moore had no defenders within 8 yards on any side of him is silly. Throw in if Teddy had more time he would have changed the play to a run.

Snow and Brady have been inconsistent but yesterday was on Teddy throwing an INT in red zone, and then costing them 14 points on two poo throws, one of which hurt the star WR 

Heck, I can give him a pass on a INT.  That is one play. With the way the run game was working.....that was prime passing conditions all game.   And the Vikings aren't exactly good on defense.  Offense as a whole didn't do enough all game long.   Defense scored more points than the O.  

Our passing game lacks any sort of aggression.  That is why the Vikings were in that game.  

Sign me up for PJ Walker.  Not going to happen.  I know.  But if this season isn't about wins I'd rather watch an entraining offense.  He offers more entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

two runs already, only resulting in 6 yards. you run it on 3rd and goal at the 3 and get stopped again (very likely) and you guarantee the vikings a chance to win it with a touchdown OR you call a great play to set up an easy touchdown and put the game away. we spent like a decade complaining about how rivera coached "not to lose" and yet here we are today pretending as if this wasn't an excellent call that should have ended the game

teddy found the open man. he just wasn't capable of making the throw. and if he was hurrying the throw, idk why. looks like about as clean of a pocket as you can hope for in the nfl, especially in that situation. he's just not built for this.

JFC that picture is damning. There is one player on offense who fuged that easy play up. Brady dialed up a winner that clearly was not what the D was planning to defend. Teddy calling out the play call looks so much worse. I mean Brady dialed up that great call to scheme Robbie onto a DL to make a 5 yard pass a walk in 41 yard TD. He did it again and Teddy whiffed. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Teddy could make a gimmie throw in the clutch everyone would be singing the praises of Joe Brady but since Teddy couldn't he's a "horrific late game play caller in crunch time". LOL

Well, Teddy should of made the throw.  But Brady has been a weak at the end of games and late big moments consistently this season.  

but yeah, the easy pass to win the game was there.  Teddy is more than a check down QB.  He crumbles under late game pressure.  Or at least has in Carolina.   This wasn't the first. 

Just now, CRA said:

Heck, I can give him a pass on a INT.  That is one play. With the way the run game was working.....that was prime passing conditions all game.   And the Vikings aren't exactly good on defense.  Offense as a whole didn't do enough all game long.   Defense scored more points than the O.  

Our passing game lacks any sort of aggression.  That is why the Vikings were in that game.  

Sign me up for PJ Walker.  Not going to happen.  I know.  But if this season isn't about wins I'd rather watch an entraining offense.  He offers more entertainment. 

Oh 100% the INT wasn’t what cost them the game but to blame coaching is just trying to take heat off the trash we have behind center right now. It’s not even about excitement it’s because anyone who has watched Bridgewater knows he can’t complete NFL passes, he just can’t that was clear when he lead Robby out of bounds instead of for a TD when he was 10 yards behind the entire Vikings defense 

Just now, CRA said:

Well, Teddy should of made the throw.  But Brady has been a weak at the end of games consistently this season.  

I have a hard time criticizing Brady for that when I know what he's working with at QB. If you're having to ask Teddy to win the game you've already lost. We've seen that play out time and time again this season. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I have a hard time criticizing Brady for that when I know what he's working with at QB. If you're having to ask Teddy to win the game you've already lost. We've seen that play out time and time again this season. 

I just think they are two separate things.  Thought Brady did a really poor job on the drive that lead to the muffed punt.  That was a big moment for Brady.  He handled it poorly w/ his playcalling. 

We should of won the game.  No doubt.  But Joe Brady late in games still has a lot of growth.   Which is understandable.   Criticizing Brady and Teddy are vastly different.  Teddy ain't going to change.  Joe Brady is a playcalling infant. 

Just now, CRA said:

I just think they are two separate things.  Thought Brady did a really poor job on the drive that lead to the muffed punt.  That was a big moment for Brady.  He handled it poorly w/ his playcalling. 

We should of won the game.  No doubt.  But Joe Brady late in games still has a lot of growth.   Which is understandable.   Criticizing Brady and Teddy are vastly different.  Teddy ain't going to change.  Joe Brady is a playcalling infant. 

I agree on the drive that led to the muffed punt. But he dialed up the game winner on the next drive.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree on the drive that led to the muffed punt. But he dialed up the game winner on the next drive.

The play-action pass where Moore was wide open deep was a great call too.  That was earlier in the game, but if Teddy had connected on that, we likely are too far ahead of the Vikings in the 4th quarter.  

Also the Robby deep ball coulda went for a touchdown too.  But Bridgewater led him out of bounds.

All in all I really felt like Brady gave the offense a lot of chances to win.  It could have been better, yes, but ultimately it came down to the quarterback.  He's not built to make those kind of plays with any kind of consistency.  No reason this team didn't score 35 points.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Teddy has thrown 1 TD to 3 INTs in the 4th quarter this season. 

In total, he only has 2 second half TDs all year...

but he got a lot of yards and a sweet passing completion % checking down

that was what people hated about Cam.  Didn't have a good enough comp %.  Wouldn't take the check down.  We have the polar opposite. 

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Teddy has thrown 1 TD to 3 INTs in the 4th quarter this season. 

In total, he only has 2 second half TDs all year...

I’m agreeing with most of what is being said in this thread, but this comment purely points to Brady. Opposing teams are adjusting to Brady’ scheme. The lack of second half scoring isn’t just a TB thing. It’s a team problem. I noticed this yesterday as well. Brady’s calling got weird in the second half again....

1 minute ago, Mage said:

The play-action pass where Moore was wide open deep was a great call too.  That was earlier in the game, but if Teddy had connected on that, we likely are too far ahead of the Vikings in the 4th quarter.  

We still scored on that drive.... like 2 plays later...

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

but he got a lot of yards and a sweet passing completion % checking down

that was what people hated about Cam.  Didn't have a good enough comp %.  Wouldn't take the check down.  We have the polar opposite. 

Our leading receptions are coming from receivers not running backs. He isn’t as check down as he should be. He actually misses a lot of good check down opportunities 

Archived