• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 Panthers in ESPN Top 25 under 25

panthers320

McCaffrey comes in at #12 and Burns comes in at 22. DJ Moore was listed as honorable mentioned and Chinn was listed as Rookies to watch.

12. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Carolina Panthers

Turns 25: June 7, 2021
Signed through: 2025

McCaffrey has suffered through an injury-plagued 2020 season, but that does not overshadow a 2019 performance that was surely one of the best ever by a running back. That 2019 season included an astounding 405 touches, 2,392 scrimmage yards and 19 touchdowns, as well as 156 more fantasy points than any other running back. McCaffrey has been an All-Pro each of the past two seasons (first team in 2019) and landed a four-year, $64 million contract extension back in April.

Though he has been limited to three games in 2020, McCaffrey has been his usual dominant self when healthy, racking up 374 yards and six touchdowns on 66 touches. McCaffrey is one of three players in league history with at least 1,000 rushing and receiving yards in the same season and is unquestionably one of the league's most productive offensive weapons.

22. Brian Burns, EDGE, Carolina Panthers

Turns 25: Apr. 23, 2023
Signed through: 2022*

Burns has had an interesting start to his career since being selected with the 16th overall pick of the 2019 draft. Immediately inserted into a significant role, Burns racked up 4.5 sacks during his first six NFL games. His snaps were inexplicably reduced after the first month of the season, however, and he was limited to 3.0 sacks after Week 6. Carolina changed coaching staffs during the 2020 offseason and that helped launch Burns into a role that has allowed him to play 76% of the snaps this season (a hefty number for any edge rusher).

Burns has been a major force with 6.0 sacks (16th among edge rushers), 47 pass-rush wins (third), 18 hurries (fifth), 46 tackles (fourth), 8.5 tackles for loss (22nd) and three forced fumbles (second). Burns' 23.4% pass-rush win rate ranks him sixth behind only T.J. Watt, Jerry Hughes, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett and Matt Judon. How's that for good company? The 22-year-old is quietly blooming into one of the league's next superstar defenders.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/30429187/ranking-nfl-top-25-players-age-25-2020-where-lamar-jackson-myles-garrett-kyler-murray-land

19 minutes ago, Verge said:

Chinn should obviously be on this list. He is a top 10 S/LB/Whatever.

Who on that list are you taking him over?!

I like Chinn but no way does be belong yet. He’s good for a rookie and will be great down the road but still things he needs to improve upon.

He’s not even the best rookie this season. Justin Jefferson and James Robinson are. Again I like Chinn a lot but lets not overrate him

26 minutes ago, Verge said:

Chinn should obviously be on this list. He is a top 10 S/LB/Whatever.

It’s a tough list to crack. McCoy(NO) is first man out. And I don’t think they included any rookies. He listed in the ones to watch with other rookies at the end of the article. 

12 minutes ago, Mage said:

I like Chinn but no way does be belong yet. He’s good for a rookie and will be great down the road but still things he needs to improve upon.

He’s not even the best rookie this season. Justin Jefferson and James Robinson are. Again I like Chinn a lot but lets not overrate him

I can speak for Chase Claypool of the Steelers as another one having an outstanding rookie year. Everything I thought he was and a lot more. 

20 minutes ago, Mage said:

Herbert is offensive rookie of the year, guaranteed. And I can't see the full list on ESPN+ but Herbert should be above Kyler on that list if you ask me.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Herbert is offensive rookie of the year, guaranteed. And I can't see the full list on ESPN+ but Herbert should be above Kyler on that list if you ask me.

Damn I didn’t even think about Herbert lol

Tbh it doesn’t even feel like he’s a rookie. The numbers he’s putting up are stupid.

1 hour ago, panthers320 said:

22. Brian Burns, EDGE, Carolina Panthers

Turns 25: Apr. 23, 2023
Signed through: 2022*

Burns has had an interesting start to his career since being selected with the 16th overall pick of the 2019 draft. Immediately inserted into a significant role, Burns racked up 4.5 sacks during his first six NFL games. His snaps were inexplicably reduced after the first month of the season, however, and he was limited to 3.0 sacks after Week 6. Carolina changed coaching staffs during the 2020 offseason and that helped launch Burns into a role that has allowed him to play 76% of the snaps this season (a hefty number for any edge rusher).

Burns has been a major force with 6.0 sacks (16th among edge rushers), 47 pass-rush wins (third), 18 hurries (fifth), 46 tackles (fourth), 8.5 tackles for loss (22nd) and three forced fumbles (second). Burns' 23.4% pass-rush win rate ranks him sixth behind only T.J. Watt, Jerry Hughes, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett and Matt Judon. How's that for good company? The 22-year-old is quietly blooming into one of the league's next superstar defenders.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/30429187/ranking-nfl-top-25-players-age-25-2020-where-lamar-jackson-myles-garrett-kyler-murray-land

now imagine when he gets a secondary

Top 30 Jackson Imagine GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I was watching that morning NFL Network show (with that hot girl, Nate Burleson, and two white clowns) and they were talking NFL defensive Rookie of the year--said it is Chinn way ahead of everyone else.  I loved the pick when it happened, and I love it more now.

Archived