• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'm fine if that's Hurney's pick. I'd rather not take a QB outside of round 1 because that would be a forgone conclusion bust.

Agreed

But even if it is a new GM makingb the Pick.

I still would like them to draft a QB in the top 10 IF one of those top 4 (Lawerence, Fields, Lance, or Wilson) is there at the pick.

It was said this past draft that the front office was "Much higher on this QB class coming up" (2021) than this past one.

If we go bpa, it may actually hurt us.  Say we wait until the next year or the year after.  These younger players are going to be older, and we may be drafting 15-20 at the very worst instead of top 10.

You want to get your QB at that point, your giving up future draft capital.

If the football gods have in a position to get your franchise guy without giving up the farm.  Do It.

Your QB is going to redahirt anyways and you cab get a good bpa in the top 15 the next year

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Agreed

But even if it is a new GM makingb the Pick.

I still would like them to draft a QB in the top 10 IF one of those top 4 (Lawerence, Fields, Lance, or Wilson) is there at the pick.

It was said this past draft that the front office was "Much higher on this QB class coming up" (2021) than this past one.

If we go bpa, it may actually hurt us.  Say we wait until the next year or the year after.  These younger players are going to be older, and we may be drafting 15-20 at the very worst instead of top 10.

You want to get your QB at that point, your giving up future draft capital.

If the football gods have in a position to get your franchise guy without giving up the farm.  Do It.

Your QB is going to redahirt anyways and you cab get a good bpa in the top 15 the next year

From a fan perspective, I get it. There are four very intriguing QB prospects worthy of upper 1st round selection. There's a couple others in the mix for 1st round consideration too. BUT, it ultimately comes down to exactly what we want in our new QB. While the prospects may seem closely ranked from a fan perspective, we very well may end up with very different grades on them based on exactly what we're looking for. I just hope the one we like best (outside of Lawrence, obviously) is there for us.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

From a fan perspective, I get it. There are four very intriguing QB prospects worthy of upper 1st round selection. There's a couple others in the mix for 1st round consideration too. BUT, it ultimately comes down to exactly what we want in our new QB. While the prospects may seem closely ranked from a fan perspective, we very well may end up with very different grades on them based on exactly what we're looking for. I just hope the one we like best (outside of Lawrence, obviously) is there for us.

This scares me a bit about Rhule and what we did in the offseason.

What if, and bear with me here, what if we just have yet another Fox/Rivera clone?  What if Matt wants a suffocating defense, and a QB that doesn't make mistakes?  Now Joe Brady goes against that...but I certainly hope we haven't gotten ourselves another one of "those" coaches.

What if "what we want in our new QB" is a game manager?  I hope to God that's not the case.

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

What if, and bear with me here, what if we just have yet another Fox/Rivera clone?  What if Matt wants a suffocating defense, and a QB that doesn't make mistakes?  Now Joe Brady goes against that...but I certainly hope we haven't gotten ourselves another one of "those" coaches.

What if "what we want in our new QB" is a game manager?  I hope to God that's not the case.

We'll see. But if he's planning to win in today's NFL with a dominant D and ball control offense, we'll be right back to square one in a few years when Tepper is forced to clean house. Again.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. But if he's planning to win in today's NFL with a dominant D and ball control offense, we'll be right back to square one in a few years when Tepper is forced to clean house. Again.

I just pray that's not "the plan".

Would be tough to continue to support the team in any fashion if it's just another bad dream.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

I would love a suffocating defense and a QB who doesn't make mistakes. I really don't care if our QB runs in circles and does no look passes.

14 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I would love a suffocating defense and a QB who doesn't make mistakes. I really don't care if our QB runs in circles and does no look passes.

I have no problem with a suffocating defense, but in todays NFL, that is a rarity and cannot be counted on year after year like an offense.

I'd prefer a dynamic offense, with a talented QB....and hope for a good D, vs the other way, which is far too inconsistent.

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I have no problem with a suffocating defense, but in todays NFL, that is a rarity and cannot be counted on year after year like an offense.

I'd prefer a dynamic offense, with a talented QB....and hope for a good D, vs the other way, which is far too inconsistent.

You wouldn't consider what they do in New Orleans dynamic?

It sure as hell wins games.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You wouldn't consider what they do in New Orleans dynamic?

It sure as hell wins games.

Oh, of course.  But you have one of the best play callers saddled with one of the best precision/accurate passers of all time.  Mixed in with a solid offensive line and a premier weapon on the outside and in the backfield.

I would love to have all of that....but I would prefer to have it with a QB that can do everything...Rodgers, Mahommes, etc...

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Oh, of course.  But you have one of the best play callers saddled with one of the best precision/accurate passers of all time.  Mixed in with a solid offensive line and a premier weapon on the outside and in the backfield.

I would love to have all of that....but I would prefer to have it with a QB that can do everything...Rodgers, Mahommes, etc...

That'd be great, but those guys don't grow on trees.

Although all of the top quarterbacks in this year's draft are good, I don't see any of them being one of those guys (no, not even Lawrence).

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That'd be great, but those guys don't grow on trees.

Although all of the top quarterbacks in this year's draft are good, I don't see any of them being one of those guys (no, not even Lawrence).

I just don't want to put all of our eggs in the defense's basket once again, and try to win with game managers.  Sorry Teddy fans, that's what he is.

We had a very dynamic QB, but paired him with an ancient set of coaches, I'm hoping for better.

Defenses (unless you are Pittsburgh) seem to ebb and flow a LOT more than the really good offenses...I'd prefer to build a great offense, and hope the D can come together, vs the other way....the Panthers way.

Just now, thefuzz said:

I just don't want to put all of our eggs in the defense's basket once again, and try to win with game managers.  Sorry Teddy fans, that's what he is.

We had a very dynamic QB, but paired him with an ancient set of coaches, I'm hoping for better.

Defenses (unless you are Pittsburgh) seem to ebb and flow a LOT more than the really good offenses...I'd prefer to build a great offense, and hope the D can come together, vs the other way....the Panthers way.

I'm in favor of building the offense, although defenses are still very important.

My thing though is if we wait on the opportunity to get an Aaron Rodgers / Patrick Mahomes style quarterback, we might be waiting a while.

I'm okay with taking the best quarterback available in the current draft and building around him. Yeah, he'll have flaws, but most of them do.

Archived