• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's college games...lots of prospects to watch

Captain Morgan

Lawrence and his WR weren’t on the same page and Lawrence ended up throwing to nobody. Next play he throws a ball slightly behind his WR who turns to catch it and then takes it to the house. This was after ND turned it over on down. If they don’t figure something out soon Clemson might route them. 

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Feel sorry for Lawrence.  Going to a place where QBs go to die 

I think it works in his favor. If he sucks at the pro level it’ll be blamed on the Jets. If they even show slight improvements it’ll all be deemed because of him. 

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So this is what I'm talking about when I say "is this QB worth a Top 5 pick".

Lawrence is absolutely carrying his team here. Just looks like the best player on the field. 

While nobody disagrees about Lawrence being the top pick in the draft he isn’t having to carry anything right now. Clemson is hammering the ND offense and the big plays on offense were RAC moments. Of which, Lawrence hit one receiver in stride. The other one the WR almost had to turn around to make the catch. As I type this he missed his running back ten feet away. 

Edit: play right after that is thrown behind the receiver on a slant too. They had to settle for a field goal. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I know Clemson pays Venables more than most head coaches make, but I have no idea how this guy hasn't gotten a crack at a HC job. If I was an attractive D1 program looking for a HC he'd be the first call I made.

He doesn't want the pressure. He's also coaching his son(s) right now.

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He doesn't want the pressure. He's also coaching his son(s) right now.

He may not. I mean, if you can sit there under Dabo at Clemson snug as a bug in a rug coaching a roster full of four and five star recruits every year while getting paid like a HC, that's a pretty sweet gig.

30 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So this is what I'm talking about when I say "is this QB worth a Top 5 pick".

Lawrence is absolutely carrying his team here. Just looks like the best player on the field. 

I'm not sure you understand what "carrying his team" means. No doubt, Lawrence is the best college QB, but his supporting cast is doing plenty of "carrying." Especially his friends on the defense side.

Just now, Monrowed said:

Geez, where is Notre Dame?

tumbleweed GIF

People expected ND to be competitive? They barely beat Clemson when they were missing Lawrence and several defensive starters. This was always gonna be an ass kicking. This is what happens when ND plays playoff caliber teams. Clemson beat them 30-3 the one time ND was gifted a playoff berth.

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

I'm not sure you understand what "carrying his team" means. No doubt, Lawrence is the best college QB, but his supporting cast is doing plenty of "carrying." Especially his friends on the defense side.

I guess we value different things, that's ok. 

Let's just agree that he's not in a dogfight against an inferior team unlike a couple of the Huddle's favourite Draft picks. 

Archived