• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GM Candidate Profiles

Mr. Scot

Added a profile of Joe Schoen...

Schoen isn't as highly touted a pick as some of the other options, but he could be a really good "under the radar" choice.

My take on him is that for the folks who wish we would have kept Brandon Beane, Schoen is pretty much the same guy.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Thank you for doing all this work for this bunch @Mr. Scot.  Not that anyonr is going to appreciate it but you've put together quite a bit of information on the guys.  Well done old man. 

Eeehh, not looking for a parade.

I do this as much for myself as anything because I like to know stuff. It's just also fun to share it in case other people want to know too.

On the flipside of the equation, Ian Rapoport said he expects that Washington will indeed hire a GM this offseason but doesn't believe that it'll be in house guy Kyle Smith.

Rapoport gave three names he says are "expected to interview" for the job: Former Texans GM Rick Smith, 49ers and former Lions personnel guy Martin Mayhew...

...and yep, Marty Hurney.

I've seen speculation from a number of sources who think Marty has the inside track.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Added a profile of Joe Schoen...

Schoen isn't as highly touted a pick as some of the other options, but he could be a really good "under the radar" choice.

My take on him is that for the folks who wish we would have kept Brandon Beane, Schoen is pretty much the same guy.

Did not realize Joe Schoen was from my hometown in Elkhart, IN. Good info and another good candidate. A lot of good ones to choose from.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On the flipside of the equation, Ian Rapoport said he expects that Washington will indeed hire a GM this offseason but doesn't believe that it'll be in house guy Kyle Smith.

Rapoport gave three names he says are "expected to interview" for the job: Former Texans GM Rick Smith, 49ers and former Lions personnel guy Martin Mayhew...

I've seen speculation from a number of sources who think Marty has the inside track.

There he is again, Marty Hurney. Almost like a bad penny

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If Marty has an inside track, it must be due to compromising pics of Ron and a cheerleader...

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn’t Marty start out as a writer for the Washington Post or some Chit?

3 minutes ago, Mills said:

Didn’t Marty start out as a writer for the Washington Post or some Chit?

He did, and Jack Kent Cooke liked him so he brought him on board as a PR guy for the Redskins. Later on, he started working under Bobby Beathard.

For what it's worth, there's also word that Joe Gibbs likes him and supports him becoming GM.

Archived