• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers wire synopsis of top prospects

raleigh-panther

11 minutes ago, jbland said:

Can we have a synopsis of the synopsis?

25 prospects, all good ones at positions we need, but not one OT.  We'll see if the new GM wants to pay Moton, but there have no encouraging signs we want to set the market for RT.  Our LT is a free agent,  injured more often than not, and old.

We are going to have to address OT this offseason, because it looks like we'll need 2 new starters.  

Well, they have all the usual suspects and it appears day two and three prospects as well.

It looks like they see the value of acquiring a more suitable TE, freeing Chinn & Burns up to do what they do, and upgrading key areas, including the defensive backfield. Of course there's a little something for everyone (unless you want an RB or WR)!

The click is certainly worth it!

5 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Leatherwood and Sewell are both there.

Sewell means we don't get a QB, and I don't think I can take another year without at least a developmental guy.  I suppose the Bengals could trade back to a QB hungry team, and we could get him, but that means another year or two of Teddy.

from the article about Leatherwood.

"Leatherwood also has excellent footwork which translates to smooth kick-slides and strong ability to stay in front of defenders. Quickness and hand placement are not his strong suits though, which is why we believe Leatherwood will be playing guard at the next level."

Well, my guy's name is stop the package of Nekots.

"Lance has a unique blend of size, arm strength, mobility, and accuracy..."

"Lance has all the tools in the world to become a top dual-threat quarterback in the NFL with his cannon of an arm and exceptional athleticism to fit into any scheme."

And that is why I want Lance! 

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Basically:

Round 1 (In this order)

• Fields
  • Wilson
  • Lance

Round 2:

No Left tackle mentioned--

Right. Wish they'd done something on Eichenberg, Darrisaw, Jackson. Others have said this OT class is thin, but every scout I've read says the opposite. I guess we'll see.

11 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Sewell means we don't get a QB, and I don't think I can take another year without at least a developmental guy.  I suppose the Bengals could trade back to a QB hungry team, and we could get him, but that means another year or two of Teddy.

I think if it's Sewell you see the Panthers make a move on someone like Stafford. 

From what Tepper has said, I don't think we see BW as the starter going into next season. 

Archived