• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 1st round draft mini breakdown

Verge

11 hours ago, Verge said:

I think you should certainly watch every game he played in 2019 to get a better idea of the overall sum, but this is a good place to start. Some very impressive throws outside the numbers and on the move.

You won't have to convince me. Again, Lance was my QB target for this draft going back to the end of the last draft.  The problem is most folks here want Bridgewater gone so badly that they want a rookie to step in and take Teddy's starting spot.  That ain't happening.  Is Wilson more ready to be the day one starter than Lance?  Yes, 100%.  However, Lance will end up being the better pro QB.  He HAS TO sit a year though.  Bridgewater's contract is horrendous that we kill the cap by cutting him, so he here either playing or on the bench.  Might as well play him.  That gives Lance at least a year to adjust to the speed of the game at this level and get a good idea how to read NFL defenses.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m wanting Lance or Fields, but would be happy with Wilson. Fields can take a minute to throw the ball, but he never really had a reason to adapt. He is a great athlete who can (usually) avoid pressure. He lost what 2 games as a starter? Anyway he seems to have great work ethic and a good head on his shoulders. (Loved when we took the high road about Dabo). I see no reason why he won’t be coachable/adapt at the next level. Anyone we draft can sit behind Teddy until they are ready. 

Fields only loss was the Clemson last season. Avenged it this season but will likely get a second loss on the 11th against Bama. 

2 hours ago, Panther Believer said:

Top 20 for Fields is an understatement. If you watched that whole Clemson game, you understand why I say that. He's a leader and tough as nails. Also has a great deep ball and very mobile. He won't get out of the top 6 mark my words.

He’s going to be the second pick in the draft. 

Just now, Panther Believer said:

I think so too, but you never know. Especially if they want to trade back and get picks to build around Darnold for one more tryout year.

Right but then I’d think the team that is trading up to 2 would be taking Fields at 2 anyway 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Wilson is a less downs looking version of Pickles... it’s why I don’t want him 

Lol that’s exactly what I thought, I really don’t see the hype in him honestly. I hope we don’t draft him at all and definitely ain’t moving up for him.

• Poo 1